“Lovely day in Juneau”
Review of Stories and Legends and Tours - CLOSED

Stories and Legends and Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Each 3 hour whale watching tour out of Juneau, Alaska includes ½ hour transportation each way from the downtown Juneau cruise ship dock to Auke Bay, where you disembark for the best of Alaska whale watching and wildlife cruise.You will cruise around islands of Alaska’s Inside Passage and carefully navigate around pods of migrating humpback and resident orca whales for 2 hours. Once we are close to these magnificent whales we dip our hydrophone in the water to listen to what the whales are saying and singing to each other and to us.Bald Eagles, Puffin, Surf Scoters, Seagulls, Blue Heron, ducks, Steller Sea Lion, Seal, and lighthouses, are but a few of the things you will see and experience on this all Alaska adventure.Our Whale Watch Alaska tours are fully narrated by whales, birds, sea lions, and your captain or naturalist and are USCG certified, licensed, bonded, and insured. You are guaranteed to see whales leaving you breathless and educated or your money back.Call us today in Juneau, Alaska.
Los Gatos, CA
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Lovely day in Juneau”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Cory Mann is a multi- talented enterpreneur, with his hands in many small businesses in Juneau. We enjoyed his kindness and gifts on our recent Whale Watching cruise to Juneau. He's just finished a documentary, Smokin'Fish on a quirky Tlingit businessman hustling to make a dollar in AK. We can't wait to see it. He's a charismatic storyteller who drove our family to and from the speedy 6 passenger boat in his personal car. We were lucky to get a last minute booking by calling the week we arrived in Juneau, he met us with a sign at the Tram and he even allowed us to pay on the boat with the excellent captain. We enjoyed every minute of his tour. We saw humpbacks and sea lions and bald eagles and on the return we got to stop at Mendenhall Glacier to hike to the point for a beautiful view. (Some may prefer a less personal tour, but we enjoyed every minute.)

Visited July 2012

Honolulu
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Don't Bother with this CROOK!”
Reviewed July 7, 2012

I have to echo the sentiments of the other negative reviewers as well. We booked through Toursaver during our Alaska Cruise in May only to have Cory Mann call on the morning of the scheduled Whale Watching Tour to cancel the excursion because the other group that had allegedly booked the same tour as us had cancelled. Hmm, well, first of all, if they cancel, doesn't he get to keep their money, so why not take us because that's additional revenue to him. In any case, he claimed that he felt badly but that he'd refund our credit card charge promptly. Well, guess what? It's been over a month now and do you think the credit ever got issued?? Now I'm having to waste my valuable time to dispute the charge.. Good thing we ended up finding a great deal on a helicoptor to a glacier because we would have been [--] with this clown..

Visited May 2012
3 Thank Hirochan808
Juneau, Alaska, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing wildlife and hospitality!”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We went out on a beautiful day in Juneau and were fortunate enough to see many whales, stopped when we had some come up close by, and the whales swam right by us! The captain gave us plenty of time to observe, never rushing a sighting, and Cory was informative and took so many pics for us! Most definitely reccomend this tour!

1 Thank Selina K
Tallahassee, Florida, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome Whale Watching Trip!”
Reviewed June 23, 2012

I had a great time! Saw lots of whales, sea lions, and eagles! Our guides were AWESOME! I would love to do this again!

Austin, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“BUYER BEWARE!!!!”
Reviewed June 14, 2012

I have never written a negative review on tripadvisor before but after my experience with Cory at Stories and Legends I had to warn others about this complete scam of a company. Like many people that visit Juneau I was doing so via cruise ship which meant I only had one day in town. I purchased the 2 for 1 whale watching on LivingSocial. I was thrilled to get a good deal because whale watching is much more expensive in Alaska than when I previously lived in Hawaii and at the time this company didn't have any negative reviews on TripAdvisor. I immediately attempted to book my tour with Cory, I say attempted because it took me over a week to finally reach a person at the company. I called over 10 times on different days, their voicemail was full for a week straight. I emailed 3 times... also no answer. I contacted LivingSocial twice to complain, they could not reach the company either, but would not refund my money yet. After a week of trying my husband got through to a person at the phone number who didn't seem to know anything about the tours, took a message and said he would have someone else call him right back... we never received a call back. Finally on the 12th day I reached a living breathing person, Cory. I told him his voicemail was full his response was "oh really? it's supposed to keep 300 messages" so it sounds like he never checks his voicemail anyway. He said he was full for the 9:30am tour I was trying to book, so I was booked on the 1pm tour, he said he would email me a confirmation... he never did. I called and emailed 3 more times and finally got a confirmation email the day before I flew out on my trip (talk about nerveracking!). On the day I arrived in Juneau I called at noon (15 minutes prior our pickup time) to double check our pickup spot and Cory told me our tour was cancelled and did not give me an explaination as to why (it was great weather). He said he had tried calling me the day before to let me know it was cancelled but I did not receive a voicemail. It was too late for me to book with another company since I was only in Juneau for 1 day. After that Livingsocial finally refunded my money. BUYER BEWARE, DO NOT RISK BOOKING WITH THIS COMPANY! This company should be rated zero stars, it was worse than terrible!!!

5 Thank wisepalmtree