“Loved the helicopter tour”

Temsco Helicopter Tours
Ranked #17 of 80 Tours in Juneau
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Loved your helicopter tour, pilot explained all the surroundings so well, the guides at the glaciers did a good job.

We enjoyed it a lot; my kids are still asking how much I paid for it. Hey, but they don't need to worry about money when they are with their parents; right?

Reviewed August 4, 2013

I had never been in a helicopter before. Our pilot, Evan is the best! He made it seem effortless. From the beginning of the orientation by Temsco given by Janessa to our dog sledding experience, this was an excursion not to be missed. We booked this through our Princess cruise lines and were not disappointed in the least.
Our trip was scheduled for 11:45, but when we got down to the dock, it was very overcast and the helicopters were grounded. The representative from Temsco worked with us and told us to come back at 5:30 and hopefully we would be able to fly. She was very understanding and when 5:30 came and we were told that we could go on this tour, we were ecstatic.
I recommend Temsco Helicopter Tours highly - a very professional group of people. Worth every bit of money it cost! A once in a lifetime experience!

3  Thank BGoldstein13
Reviewed August 4, 2013

A stunning / breath-taking helicopter transit onto Mendenhall Glacier ... followed by a one hour dog-sledding adventure. The staff was extremely friendly / knowledgeable ... making this experience all the better. We have three kids (ages 11 / 8 / 6) ... and everyone of them had a great time. Each person was permitted to "lead the sled" ... which made it surreal. The perfect blend of adventure / education / Alaskan experience. Our Attendant was Joe ... and special kudos to our dog team driver Chiovanni (sp?) ... you guys were GREAT. A CAN'T MISS EXPERIENCE.

David, Regina, Tripp, Rex and Reeves Wood - Atlanta, GA

1  Thank David W
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We did this dog-sledding excursion through our Holland America cruise. This was a gift to us from my in-laws, so I did not know what to expect. I had some preconceived expecations, such as sledding in the wilderness, and past different glacier or mountain formations. I think I assumed this given the high price.

But in reality you sled in a big circle right next to the camp where your helicopter lands. The scenery is lovely, but you aren't going far at all. In fact, there was a long break half way through the circle where you basically take pictures and enjoy the scenery.

I loved the experience nonetheless, and will have long-lasting memories of this.

I got to stand on the 'caboose' of the sled and help with the foot brakes - this added to the fun.

And we really liked interracting with the dogs at the camp, especially the puppies.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

We recently did the Mendenhall Glacier Ride and Tour. I thought this excursion was amazing. I have always wanted to take a helicopter ride and Alaska seemed like the perfect spot for such a bucket list experience. It was a clear day and the views were breathtaking. The line of helicopters felt like something out of a movie. We were given ample time to explore and take pictures on the glacier. Our guide was knowledgable and experienced. I thought they had a well run and efficient operation. I would highly recommend it! A magical day.