“Awesome! Helicopter and dog sledding on the glacier”

Temsco Helicopter Tours
Ranked #13 of 81 Tours in Juneau
Bristol, Virginia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Awesome! Helicopter and dog sledding on the glacier”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

We booked the helicopter and dog sledding tour throuugh Princess (I suggest that you book early because they tend to get booked up pretty fast) it was pretty expensive but I'm so glad we did this. We had wonderful weather and the flight itself was great but getting to meet Caleb "the musher" and the dogs was so exciting. We each took a turn standing "this is optional, you can just ride if that is what you choose to do." It was so interesting to hear about how they care for the dogs and train them for this, and we got to hold some of the puppies. We loved every minute of this trip.

5 Thank Lisa J

• Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Quality Professional Service with Great Staff”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We flew Temsco for a trip to the Ice flats and had a great time. We had a large group with a few helicopters and all of the pilots were outstanding. They gave us a great tour around the peaks and through the valleys on our trip to and from the glacier and in general showed a great deal of interest in showing us a great time. I highly recommend this company.
I actually accidentally left my Ipod on the helicopter after the flight and the mechanic Nate delivered it to my house 3,000 miles away in Illinois. Okay, that is a freak, one off situation. He was attending a wedding in my home town the following week but it just demonstrates the type of people they have working for this company. He plugged in my Ipod into his computer, found my email address and sent me a message asking for an address. Then he said he would be in town and offered to meet me. Just incredible, professional and quality people from top to bottom at Temsco.

4 Thank Nick141
New York City, New York
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Experiencing the dogs at summer camp was exciting”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Dog Sled Summer Camp (owned by Temsco) was on land, not on the glacier and was thrilling. The camp for a minimum of 100 dogs is located near the AJ Mine. It was so exciting to see and hear more than 100 huskies barking and moving around at the same time. The dogs that are not set up for the mushing are chained to each of its own dog house and are fun to watch when they get excited. The team of 12 dogs pulled us on a cart for a thrilling ride that covered 1.5 miles. The musher Austin was very polite, and informative and very patient answering all our questions. He let us hold the 5 week old puppies that we just adored.

3 Thank JanicePage
San Diego, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Professional”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Took the helicopter up to Iditarod dog camp run by Alaska Icefields Expeditions. Everything from safety instructions, snow gear, on-off escort was very professional. Pilots encouraged questions, noted points of interest, and flew very smoothly. First helicopter ride, would do it again in a heartbeat!

3 Thank SDJan
Kansas City, Missouri
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Take the Pilot's Choice flight on a nice day!”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

We flew with Phillip on a beautiful, sunny day, and what an adventure! The experience of flying in a helicopter is so exciting, and we landed on a glacier, got out and trekked around, and then landed on an snowfield and did the same, with spectacular views of several glaciers and mountain ranges along the way. Phillip was so nice and knowledgable!

Visited July 2012