“Diamond in the rough”

The Rookery Cafe
Ranked #6 of 146 Restaurants in Juneau
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Rookery Cafe is an independent bistro, coffee shop and bakery located in the heart of downtown Juneau.We are proud to serve coffee from Stumptown Coffee Roasters, one of the hightest rated coffee roasters in the nation. We are their only wholesale account in the state of Alaska, and will make sure you get the best cup of coffee you have ever tasted. All our baked goods are prepared onsite, and we provide fresh rolls, danish, croissants, muffins, cookies, cupcakes, and more! Breakfast is served from 7 am to 10:30 am Monday - Friday, and 9 am to 12 on Saturday. Lunch is served from 11 AM - 3 PM, and we serve amazing had crafted burgers, sandwiches on our own focaccia, a variety of salads, and soups made from scratch daily. At 5 PM, Monday through Saturday night, the dinner menu is served. Reservations can be made for parties up to 16. High quality small and large plates, salads and snacks from our seasonal menu will please the most distinguished of pallets. Draft beer and wine by the glass, carafe or bottle is available daily. We are open Monday - Friday from 7 am to 9 pm, and Saturday from 9 am to 9 pm. You will always find something amazing at The Rookery Cafe!
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We're always on the lookout for restaurants with eclectic menus and the Rookery fit the bill. Loved the local fresh options on the menu as well as the unusual pairings (beet and goat cheese salad, halibut with fennel) - yum! Our waitress was delightful and we had a terrific meal.

There are newer reviews for The Rookery Cafe

Reviewed July 16, 2013

This place is serious about fresh, accessible, local food! And then...they know what to do with that food! They have Alaskan "staples" done well like chowder, halibut, and salmon, but they also pay close attention to the subtleties of a variety of flavors brought to each dish. We were a large party for the place and our waitress got it all right. A little pricey, but what isn't in Juneau? And for the quality...worth it.

Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

I stopped by to get a quick lunch. The menu was a computer printout and was confusing. I tried the turkey panini. It was okay but it seemed to be missing some ingredients. It came on fresh bread, mayo, cold balsamic onions, and turkey. That was it. No cheese, no bacon as listed on the menu. There was nothing with the sandwich. I got a turkey sandwich for $9.00. I could go to Subway and get a better deal for lunch. I probably won't come back for lunch again.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Loved this restaurant! This place was so wonderful! Small but excellent service and creative, delicious food. My nephew ordered two small plates- the artichoke dip and Mac N Cheese which he loved both. I had the greek salad-which was the best I've ever had. My main dish was a Kalbi marinated sirloin (delicious ginger/sesame seed dressing) with daikon kimchi apple and ginger vinaigrette. The sirloin was incredible and the apple side was spicy and delicious. If you are a foodie than this is the place for you!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

The first time was excellent food, excellent service. The second time was a bit disappointing, service was unusually slow and the salmon was a bit mushy suggesting that it was not fresh. I was given a free glass of wine to compensate for the slow service. I would go there again and also recommend it to others with the caveat that it is not always great, but fine dining options in Juneau are limited. They do not take reservations and it is a small space.

Been to The Rookery Cafe? Share your experiences!