All reviews close to the airport weight machine sized refrigerator extended stay two burner stove mendenhall glacier nugget mall longer stay pots and pans room was clean nice bathroom laundry facilities two queen beds would highly recommend this hotel basic hotel business trip downtown
Selected filters
Reviewed December 9, 2018 via mobile

I spent a little over a week here while working in Juneau. It is an extended stay so you room won’t be cleaned or towels replaced except weekly. There is a full sized refrigerator and a two burner cooktop. The cabinets have a four piece setting of dishes and silverware and a couple of pots and pans and assorted utensils. This is great if you don’t want to spend a fortune eating out. You definitely need a car this hotel isn’t very walkable. Downtown is 8 miles away. Overall the room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The shower had good pressure and plenty of hot water. The work out room was fairly basic with a treadmill and an elliptical and a small weight machine.
The only downside was anytime I needed something ie clean towels or more coffee no one was at the front desk. They do come down when you call.
Overall I’d stay again.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed September 11, 2018

I booked a non-refundable rate for 4 nights, 11 months out. Mind you I never book non-refundable rooms, but it was late at night, it was not clearly disclosed and I made a mistake. As a business owner myself, I realize mistakes happen and this is usually an opportunity - for those with proper business practices - to provide good customer service. However the experience I had with this hotel was the exact opposite. Upon discovering my mistake, literally the next day, I attempted to contact the hotel. I heard nothing back. Between emails and my phone calls, it took more than a week before I got to talk to the Manager, only for her to basically tell me it's my problem and she can't help me. To make matters worse, she was dishonest and tried to tell me that she can't do anything because I need to contact the site I booked through, but upon contacting them - they reached out to her and she remained in her refusal. I contacted this hotel before anything was ever charged, and when all parties know full well that in the next 11 months, they will book this room 20 times over; I didn't even ask for a refund, as I didn't wait for a charge before contacting them(now, 12 days later it was also charged to my account). I simply asked to allow me to cancel and waive the penalty, which is FULL penalty, all 4 nights. Basically, this hotel now wants me to pay for my entire stay, which was supposed to be 11 months away, despite the fact no services have been provided as of yet nor will they, despite the fact I explained that it was an honest mistake, despite the fact I contacted them ASAP and didn't wait till next year, despite the fact I explained my wife has over 20 medical diagnoses and so we never chance it with non-refundable bookings, because we have to be flexible...no common courtesy, no empathy whatsoever.

Stay away from this place. If you care about your money, if you care about being treated like you are a human being, not just another $ bill for them, if you want kindness and not rudeness, if you want understanding, if you want proper, not shady business practices, simply stay away.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank yuval Z
Reviewed August 29, 2018 via mobile

This hotel is very close to the airport (located in Mendenhall Valley) - you could walk here from airport if you wanted. It's also just a few blocks from McDonald's, Subway and a few other restaurants and the Nugget Mall (which is not much to speak of). The hotel exterior is modern and contemporary and kept clean, with plenty of parking. The 3-story hotel has nice rooms. A 2-burner stove top, microwave and full-sized refrigerator and one pot and one pan for cooking, along with plates and utensils. The room was larger than most hotel rooms. I would recommend.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed August 18, 2018 via mobile

It’s walkable from airport and really well built ... you can get good rates in web and the rooms are very well equipped ... my room had every damn thing which i could think of ... the place was neat too

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed August 12, 2018

Chose this hotel because those in downtown were full and very expensive. It is out by the airport so you really do need a car to get around however it was clean comfortable and we found it worked well for us. Nice to have a bit more space than the usual hotel rooms for a few days and it is really easy to get to the Mendenhall glacier and to the airport for our bear watching trip.

Date of stay: July 2018