“not a good value for your dollar”

Juneau Aspen Suites Hotel
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Juneau
Reviewed June 7, 2012

there is no airport shuttle, and the front desk isnt open 24/7. for the price i couldve stayed at another hotel for 3 days, for the price of the 7 hours i almost slept in a bed here.
for over $200 per night, there shouldve been breakfast in bed, plus other amenities.

Room Tip: do your homework, there are plenty of places in juneau that are better to stay at than here. most of...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank old_weird_hal
AspenGM, General Manager at Juneau Aspen Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write regarding your experience our Hotel, we appreciate your willingness to share this information with us in order to help us better serve our guests.

Although our Front Desk is only open from 6am to 12am we do have security onsite the hours our Front Desk is not open. We find that having a Security Guard on site at night is much more secure for our guest then a Front Desk Agent. Regarding the price, we keep a close eye on our competiters it is important that our rates are competitive. Every hotel in Juneau is priced very closely to our prices, some even higher.

Reviewed May 17, 2012 via mobile

To start the hotel is clean, new, and boasts a kitchen. I was traveling for business and the kitchen was nice. The only other hotel that has a kitchen in Juneau, that I know of, is the extended stay and I always get double charged "by mistake" (funny how that mistake only happens when I am there on business using my corporate card...). But for business travelers the hotel lacks everything else I look for. There is no hbo which seems weird considering every other flea bag motel offers it, and worse there is no movie selection. This is frustrating on business travel because there is little else to do in this town.

For tourists, the location is terrible so don't even bother unless you have a rental car.

Business travelers and tourists,
Grandmas Feather Bed sounds like a b and b but it's great. I think it's part of a best western franchise. Wonderful complimentary breakfast, close to a couple restaurants and bars, and good service. Aspen was the 2nd best hotel in Juneau, but that's not saying much.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank Donny H
AspenGM, General Manager at Juneau Aspen Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, it is feedback like yours that allows to improve our business. I am glad you found the hotel clean and enjoyed the kitchen. Although we do not have HBO or another movie channel, we do have movies available at the front desk for our guest to watch. We do our best to keep up to date on the latest movies of all varieties by purchasing now movies on a monthly basis.

Again I apologize that we did not meet all of your expectations, and hope you may give us a chance to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed May 16, 2012

A great place to stay in Juneau! The rooms are nice and spacious, which is not the case in many hotels in this area. The beds are very comfortable (both the mattresses and the bedding), which makes for a great night sleep. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Having stayed in four other hotels in Juneau, the Aspen Suites is my top choice by far!

Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank sitkasmith

Thank you for choosing Aspen Suites Hotel, we are very glad you enjoyed your stay!! I also wanted to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, it is great hearing positive feedback from our customers. Thank you for your business we truly appreciate it!! We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Juneau.

Reviewed January 11, 2012

We spent four nights here in January (!) 2012, and enjoyed every second of it. The room was excellent (great bed) and the kitchenette allowed us to save a lot of money we would have spent on restaurants. We used the fitness room, which is very nice. Staff was friendly and helpful and always had complimentary hot coffee ready for us. The hotel is three blocks from the bus stop at Nugget Mall, so we used the bus to get downtown cheap and efficiently, and fairly safely in snowy weather.

The only drawback, which costs them one star, is that they don't have a shuttle bus for the airport or ferry. We rented a car, but had to pay an additional fee of $25 to Budget to leave it at the ferry. But we had no other option since our departure was at 7 am, and you can't get to the ferry terminal on the city bus (dumb city planning!). On our second time through Juneau we stayed at a Best Western hotel that did have a shuttle bus because of this early ferry departure problem, but we didn't like the hotel as well as Aspen Suites.

Room Tip: A room on a higher floor is almost always quieter.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank trekkin_1956
AspenGM, General Manager at Juneau Aspen Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel, we really do appreciate getting feedback from all our customers. Thank you for choosing Aspen Suites Hotel, we are very glad you enjoyed your stay, although I can understand why having a shuttle would have been a convenience for you. I hope we get the chance to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed November 29, 2011

The beds at the Aspen Suites are AMAZING!! The mattress, sheets, pillows, etc. I actually looked to see the brand of the mattress and the sheets, so I might buy my own. Best sleep I've ever had on vacation! The hotel staff was very accommodating and helped us call cabs, get directions, recommended restaurants, etc. The kitchenette in each room is definitely a nice touch. I would definitely stay again!!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank oppositeofdusk
AspenGM, General Manager at Juneau Aspen Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2011

Thank you so much much for taking the time to review our hotel, we really do appreciate getting feedback from all our customers. Thank you for choosing Aspen Suites Hotel, we are very glad you enjoyed your stay!! If you would like more information on any of our amenities don't hesitate to call me and I can give you any information you may need. Again, thank you for choosing Aspen Suites and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Juneau.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

When I came to work in Hoonah, my company booked my room here as I had to stay the night before catching the ferry the next day. What a wonderful place! I have grown to appreciate this hotel even more since I recently returned to Juneau for grocery shopping, I really wanted to stay here as I knew what to expect but my budget was a little tight and thought I'd save the $30/night and stayed at the Extended Stay. Big mistake (WHAT A DUMP see my review). I did a lot of shopping around to find a reasonably priced hotel in Juneau. You're not going to find a cheap room in Juneau and if you do, there's a reason for it. In my search on Expedia, Priceline and Hotwire this hotel never came up so if you are not aware it's here, you'll miss it. Aspen manager you need to get connected with these companies, I would highly recommend it as these are the first places people go when looking for a hotel. As of now you are a best kept secret but I think more people need to be made aware of your wonderful hotel.

Aspen Suites is WONDERFUL! The rooms were clean and the staff are very professional and helpful. I'm not sure what the person was talking about who gave this hotel a score of 1 and said the staff were not helpful. Albert was the staff member on evening shift. He worked very hard to ensure my stay was pleasant. He helped me load and lug $500 worth of groceries up to my room on the 3rd floor. Yes, they have an elevator and a luggage cart but it was still a lot of work and he did it with a great attitude and spirit of service. Aspen Suites you have a very fine young man working for you. I found the morning staff to be equally as kind and helpful.

The rooms were very clean, beds comfy and it felt like home. The refrigerators are decent size and can hold a lot if you come to Juneau to shop. At this time (not sure what they are in the high season) rates are $119/night reg price, $109 AAA, and $99 if you're an AK resident. I will not make the same mistake again when I come to Juneau. This hotel is worth EVERY PENNY. It really is the most reasonable, nicest place to stay in Juneau. I will definitely be back on my next shopping trip and so regret not staying here on this last trip.

Room Tip: Aspen Suites is the nicest, best deal you will find in Juneau
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank merimedicn

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your experience at our hotel. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay!! I want to thank you for your business, we really do appreciate it!! We are doing our doing our best to make sure the word gets out about our property and we are very glad you found us!! We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Juneau.

Reviewed August 26, 2011

We stayed 2 nights in this hotel. It is close to the airport and close to the Mendenhall Glacier. The room was very nice, very large and comfortable. It was a little bit of a drive to the downtown, but not bad. Would recommend hotel (however, there is NOT a good view).

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank cjg2901
AspenGM, General Manager at Juneau Aspen Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2011

I would first like to thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your experience at our hotel. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay!! I want to thank you for your business, we really do appreciate it!! We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Juneau.