“Always good food”

Add it.
Suwanna Thai Cafe
Ranked #45 of 145 Restaurants in Juneau
Cuisines: Thai
Description: Phone 907-789-1250. Opened 2009. Open Mon-Fri 9 a.m.-2 p.m. A great place for lunch. Small seating area in office mall, orders prepared to go. Email suwannacafe@yahoo.com
Juneau, Alaska
“Always good food”
Reviewed November 30, 2011

We stopped in here for a to go lunch. It is a small Thai cafe in Jordan Creek Mall. There is limited seating and the hours are limited. I think that they are only open for lunch. I have eaten here several times and have never been disappointed.

We ordered two kinds of summer rolls - one had chicken and the other had shrimp. I love all of the fresh vegies in the summer rolls. My husband commented that there was not a lot of shrimp in his summer roll. But then he is a major carnivore.

We also ordered and shared the lunch special which was a curried chicken plate. It tasted wonderful. Even with sharing we had left overs. And those left overs became part of dinner when I cooked fresh fish.

My husband also ordered a Thai iced tea. I like that the beverage cup was compostable. It did get tossed into our compost pile. It does take a bit of time for those items to compost, but it does happen.

All orders are packaged and wrapped like to go orders, whether you sit at a table in the mall or take the food with you. Suwanna does a brisk to go business. And there is seating so you do not have to stand around and wait. You get to sit and wait. The seating for those who wait for to go orders look like they came out of a church. Kind of nice touch and since you are sitting like that, it is easier to visit with other people who are waiting.

The staff is friendly and polite. They are very efficient. There is self serve water with lemon slices. All flatware is disposable. Appears to be plenty of parking

• Visited November 2011

Juneau, Alaska, USA
“I didn't think I liked Thai till I tried theirs.”
Reviewed November 23, 2011

I love the spring rolls, and Chicken Satte over rice. The yellow curry is good also. This spot even got me to give the other Thai restaurant in town.

juneau,ak
“I'll go back (many times)”
Reviewed January 18, 2011

For a small restauarant (lunch counter) in the middle of an office building, they do a pretty good job with fresh Thai food: the wraps and curries are good and filling, their spring rolls may be the best thign on the menu. Prices are reasonable (for Juneau) and service is fairly quick. Atmosphere is mediocre - you sit in the middle of the mall's entry area at samll tables, but the food makes up fo rthe lack of ambience.
Closed during most of December and January for vacations.
Only open for lunch.