“good pastries - but don't expect friendly service.”
Review of Pie in the Sky

Pie in the Sky
Ranked #1 of 2 Bakeries in Juneau
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Pie in the Sky is Juneau's only custom, full service bakery offering fresh delights that are made using all organic ingredients. Offering a different fresh assortment of baked goods daily. Specializes in custom ordered cakes, pies and pastry. Also very gluten-free, low sugar, vegan, nut free and paleo friendly. Instagram: Pieintheskyak
Reviewed February 28, 2013

The woman who runs this little pie place is not friendly, although the food is very yummy. She always put out by one thing or another. She doesn't tolerate foolish questions about the pasteries, and don't even think about asking her to fill a pie order without several days' notice.

If you like the New York kind of attitude - no niceties, no friendly chit chat - then this is the place for you.

If you'd like a smile with your pastry, look for another place in downtown Juneau.

PieintheSkyAK, Owner at Pie in the Sky, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2013

Sorry you did not enjoy your experience at Pie in the Sky. I do my best to answer all customer questions about my offerings, and occasionally have whole pies ready without ordering ahead. Typically though, I can make a pie or quiche with one day's notice, more for a few kinds of pie, cheesecakes, and layer cakes. This assures that your baked goods are made fresh to your preference. Please do call ahead (907-523-9135) or stop by and order your favorite, and I'll be happy to make it for you.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

While I was in Juneau last summer, I stumbled upon this place after breakfast. I was intrigued by the small size of the place and stopped in. I was in a bit of a hurry but still wanted to try something. The lady working there - the owner, I assume - mentioned that she had 100 percent Kona coffee, which is a favorite of mine. I asked for a cup of Kona drip coffee. She mentioned that she only made espresso drinks with it. I'm glad she said that. She made me an Americano with Kona coffee. Despite its small size, it was the best cup of coffee I have ever had - full of flavor. Unfortunately, I didn't have a chance to try any baked goods. I look forward to doing that the next time I am in Juneau.

PieintheSkyAK, Owner at Pie in the Sky, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2013

I'm so glad you enjoyed your coffee! It is brewed from 100% Kona Select beans from Lyman Kona Coffee Farms, where you can visit and stay at Mango Sunset Bed and Breakfast also listed on TripAdvisor. These beans turn out the best coffee I've ever had too, so I am happy to bring this special treat to my customers.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

This shop is litterally in a closet located on seward st. This baker loves her job and makes delicious pies and other deserts. I like that you can order a whole pie if you like...

1  Thank Nuuj
Reviewed December 7, 2012

The owner is a most unfriendly woman with no sense of humor. As far as the baked goods there is not much to chose from though what she does have seems pretty good

PieintheSkyAK, Owner at Pie in the Sky, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2012

I am so sorry you did not enjoy your visit to Pie in the Sky! I recall equipment malfunction in June which left me very frustrated to do all of the baking with only one oven, which might have accounted for both a more limited selection and also a lack of humor, I admit. Since then, the ovens are both back up to speed and so both whatever humor I have and the selection should be restored. In fact, Pie in the Sky was selected as Best Bakery in this summer's Juneau Empire Reader's Choice survey, as well as Best Desserts for the third year running. For a good idea of what kinds of sweet or savory treats and drinks are generally available or are not typically prepared at Pie in the Sky, look for Pie in the Sky Bakery and Cafe (in Juneau) on Facebook, or check out the Pie in the Sky Bakery and Cafe website. Please try again, and thank you for the opportunity to improve.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I wandered in here one day after having studiously avoided it because I LOVE COOKIES! I ended up not being able to decide, so buying two... but I will say that the Ginger dipped in chocolate was AMAZING! (The other was good too... but not AS good.)

Glad you love the cookies! They are baked fresh daily, available unadorned or dipped in luscious bittersweet chocolate ganache.