“Most Exciting Experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Juneau Shore Excursion: Helicopter Tour and Guided Icefield Walk
Ranked #10 of 85 Tours in Juneau
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a Helicopter Charter Service based in unique Juneau, Alaska. During the summers we devote a portion of our fleet of helicopters to running tours for visitors coming off of the many cruise ships that pass through our town, or visiting family and friends on an extended holiday. We offer a variety of tour experiences, all accessing parts of the scenic Juneau area via helicopter, to help give visitors the best memories of their time in Alaska. Our staff are locally hired, and trained to insure the most authentic vacation possible. Majestic mountain peaks and plunging crevasses will seem to be at your fingertips when you come with Coastal Helicopters Inc. on the adventure of a lifetime! With our vast reservoir of experience flying in Alaska, you're in for an unforgettable flight as our pilots take you on one of our specially designed tours. From racing across the face of the Taku Glacier in an Alaskan Airboat, to speeding over the glacier on your own dogsled, to simply basking in the awe inspiring vistas of the glacier with our Icefield Tours, there's a tour for everyone! All ages and conditions welcome! We are a handicap friendly company, outfit with lifts for ease of loading. Allow us to be your pathway to adventure when planning your Alaskan experience!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
Aventura, Florida
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Most Exciting Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

My husband, grandson and I took this tour over the glaciers and landed on an icefield. The trip to get there was exquisite as we were able to fly low over over the area. Once we landed we were thrilled by the blue crevasses that were deep into the glacial ice. My 16 year old grandson was so excited he just ran everywhere he could picking up pieces of the ice. Our guide, Michael explained everything so we could understand how they move forward along the ground and how they form over the hundreds of years. I would recommend this company.

1 Thank jazz1502
CoastalHelicopters, Manager at Coastal Helicopters, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thanks so much for the great endorsement!

From your picture, it definitely looks like you guys had a wonderful day up on the glacier, with big smiles all around. I’m happy to hear that you were able to share the experience with your grandson, and that he had such a fantastic time! Thanks again for sharing your experience with us!

West Seneca, New York
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Helicopter - Blue Kennel Dog sled tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

Amazing, amazing, amazing tour and experience during the flight in the helicopter to the dog sled camp. God's Country on the glacier, very serene. Staff at Coastal helicopters very knowledgeable, friendly and helpful along with the staff at Blue-kennels on the glacier. Dan ( helicopter pilot) little did he know took my fears away after a few seconds, excellent pilot and Jimmy (dog sled musher) was friendly and so were the dogs, (Ginger was my favorite) and made the experience the highlight of my vacation. When leaving I felt sorrow and did not want to leave the staff and dogs behind. I would definitely book this tour again and highly recommend it. Save $ and book online.

2 Thank Edwardine H
Thanks so much for your great comments! Our pilots and mushers enjoy sharing the glacier experience with all our customers and I’m happy to hear that you had such a good time. Ginger’s definitely a popular dog up on the glacier, and every one of them loves the attention. Thanks for sharing your experiences with the Tripadvisor community!

Needham, Massachusetts
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Take this helicopter trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

We had a great experience with Coastal helicopters on our trip to the glacier! The staff was knowledgeable, competent , and helpful.
We were very pleased with the service before, during, and after the flight!
We took the flight to the Herbert glacier, walked around, saw incredible views, and we were there only with the other Coastal copter..... On top of the world!
We went late July, and would highly recommend this trip!

Visited July 2013
CoastalHelicopters, Manager at Coastal Helicopters, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thanks for sharing your impressions!

We do love what we do, and I'm pleased to know that you enjoyed your time with us! July is definitely one of our busiest times of year, and it's great to hear that you were able to get booked up with us. Thanks for sharing your experience!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing experience with wonderful staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

Dog sledding on the herbert glacier was an amazing experience. What made it even better was the staff, they were super nice and friendly. Lucas drove us over and was very informative and friendly. Scott flew us over to the glacier and eric was our musher. They were all so nice, it felt good being treated like friends and not tourists. I felt pretty sad leaving eric and the dogs behind - we asked if they had any openings for a musher! Ha! Overall, it was a lovely experience thanks to the staff at coastal!

Visited August 2013
Thank you for your great comments!

I'll be sure to pass along your compliments to all our staff, we strive to tailor each tour to the participants in any way we can, and that starts with your pick up from the dock, before you even set foot in a helicopter. We love to share our experiences with everyone who comes though, and I'm glad you felt it come though for you! Thanks for letting the community know how your tour went!

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Stunning!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

I took the costal helicopter tour to a glacier and then to a dogsledding camp! This had to be the highlight of my alaskan adventure. Not many people can say they took a helicopter to a glacier and then went dogsledding on the glacier! This is simply a bucket list item that is now checked off! I was a little nervous going on my first helicopter ride, but it was just like floating in a bubble. Our pilot was great and there were only 2 other people besides myself on this intimate ride and tour. The dogs were amazing and so eager to get out onto the ice an run! The staff at both Costal and the kennel were just so accommodating and eager to have us come and visit! I would book this tour through a travel agent or on-line if possible since you can save quite a chunk of change vs the cruise line. i would absolutely do this tour again in a heartbeat! Now go and MUSH!

1 Thank Grnbug2000
I'm thrilled to hear you had such a great time with all the different parts of your tour!

The dog sled tour is definitely an experience of a lifetime and our mushers love to share their stories with you while you make memories of your own! It's great to know that you had such a fantastic experience and had a chance to appreciate the very nearly private experience we can provide by keeping our tour numbers low and our quality high! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!