Open today: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Expect Experience, Expertise and Excellence

I booked a tour called “Alaska’s Whales & Glaciers Photo Safari” before sailing on the Disney... read more

Reviewed yesterday
leisurelambie
Louisiana
Hike overlooking Mendenhall Glacier with Regent Seven Seas

This was one of the more "strenuous" included tours provided on Regent Seven Seas cruises. My... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
Sarah H
Arlington, Virginia

3,491 results
All reviews photo safari rainforest trails captain jen whale watching crab pot humpback whales camera settings photo tips mendenhall glacier our tour guide choice trail hike small group flora and fauna professional photographer great guide princess cruises nature walk
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We booked this thru our cruise line. It was a great tour. Hiking thru the rainforest on the Trail of Time was just beautiful. The trail ended at Mendenhall Glacier...just spectacular! Then off to get on the boat. We saw two whales from a distance, but a Harbor Seal put on quite a show for us. Our tour guide, Annie, was not only very knowledgeable about the Alaskan Rainforest, and Alaska marine life, but also about taking photos. Although, I wish we would have seen more whales and a little more up close, it was a very fun trip and I would definitely do it again.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

The times on the bus were filled with information on the area and then quick instructions on ways to get great shots with your camera. What was so helpful and fun was to be on a hike to the glacier and then on the boat ; getting instructions and trying out the photo opportunities which were many. So many exciting views, mountains, Mendenhall Glacier, flowers, waterfall, eagles, and of course the bubble feeding, jumping humpback whales! The small group allowed the guide to help each one of us personally with all levels of cameras and he kept encouraging us to look for different photo shots. We saw amazing sites and were able to take home treasured photos thanks to the guide Brandon and the boat Captain Jim.

Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

We booked this excursion through Silverseas Cruise and we were not disappointed! Our family of nine scheduled a private whale watching tour. We had been on one group tour in Sitka where we saw whales and seals but this one blew the Sitka tour away! Phil, who was incredibly nice and wanted to make sure we were happy every step of the way picked us up at port in Juneau and took us to the boat. Phil stayed with our captain, Jim to help for the tour. He brought us snacks and asked us several times if we needed anything. I don't know if we were incredibly lucky or if Jim knows exactly where to go but we saw many whales and not just breaching. We saw a group of six humpback whales bubble netting...it was the most incredible thing I have ever seen! What's even more amazing is that we saw the feeding experience three times where they all jumped out of the water!!! One time it was only a few feet away...and then afterwards Jim turned off the motor and a whale went underneath our boat. It was a once in a lifetime experience...I only wish I had the whole thing on video camera!!!

Reviewed July 10, 2013

By far the best part of our trip. We took a mid-June cruise on the Norwegian Pearl, and this was one of the excursion options for Juneau. I almost never write reviews, and almost never enjoy guided tours, but I feel like this tour and our guide should get as much good credit as possible. Our guide AUSTIN really made the trip; he was friendly, enthusiastic, very knowledgeable - it was very apparent that he knew his stuff, and that he sincerely wanted us to get the most out of our experience and really see what Juneau had to offer.

The hike and view of the Glacier was beautiful, but whale watching was the real highlight. We saw a pod of an estimated 11-13 humpback whales, and were lucky enough to see them do some bubble net feeding. The guides were great and worked hard to make sure we saw as much as possible. Definitely worth the money.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

We did a photography tour with this group on July 4th. It went to Mendenhall Glacier and out on the water to see whales. We saw bubble feeding humpbacks and orcas. OUTSTANDING. The photographer knew his stuff, was helpful, but not overbearing. He would let you shoot what and how you wanted. I've been on tours with some that wouldn't. First rate!