“AMAZING !!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Whale Watching and Wildlife Adventure from Juneau
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Adventures in Alaska is owned and operated by a local family. Offering a unique and personalized way to experience the wonder of whale watching in Southeast Alaska, we pride ourselves in providing you with a truly Alaskan experience. Our hope is that your adventure aboard the M/V SCANIA will be the highlight of your visit to Alaska. We offer the longest "standard" tours in Juneau at a lesser price per hour than the competition. This, along with the fact that we carry a third the number of passengers than most similar-sized whale-watch boats in Juneau, lets us provide real value to families and small groups. Our focus is on customer service, education and fun. Full refunds anytime before the tour, if you get seasick, or if we don't find a whale.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Roseville, California
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“AMAZING !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

This was the second time I have gone out on the Scania. It is a "real" Alaska experience, compared to being on a large boat with tons of people. If you want a more personalized experience, then definetly book with Adventures in Alaska !! Both times I felt as if I was going out on a boat with my own family. They were very professional while making you feel at home. The last time I went, we saw a pod of whales bubble netting. It was AMAZING !! Captain Alan is very knowledgable about where the whales might be and in which direction they are moving. I am going back to Alaska with my niece and nephew this June again and wouldnt even think about booking with anyone else. Can't wait !

Visited June 2013

San Carlos, California
“Best part of our Alaska trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

For me, being on this small, personalized boat to watch whales was truly the best part of our Alaskan trip. We were on a cruise ship to celebrate my parents' 50th anniversary, and my husband and I are not big cruise ship people. However, getting off this ship and onto Capt. Alain's boat was so refreshing. It was the most alive I felt the entire trip.

We were able to see a mother and calf (twice, or another pair) as well as lots of breaching very close by. Being on such a small boat, we were able to maneuver quickly to follow different whales or get close to others. One came very close to our boat, and that was truly amazing. We also got to see a bald eagle.

I would highly recommend Capt. Alain's boat for anyone who wants a more personalized tour of whale watching. It was only our small family of 4 and a very nice couple from the east coast. Capt. Alain's son and his brother were great to talk with and answered all of our questions. Really, it was a like a private tour, and great for our children (ages 6 and 9) as well. Highly recommended!

Visited August 2013

Barrie, ON Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

Our group used Adventures in Alaska to go whale watching in Juneau, they were friendly and knowledgable, I found Alan's plastic whale show quite entertaining. They provide a great alternative to the larger whale watching tours with much more personalized tour and experience- It was like being out in a boat with some friends Alan and Jack were great hosts and I would recommend using them for Whale Watching or fishing, they were more than willing to answer questions about whales and the area in general. I found this one of the highlights of our Alaska cruise. I'm sure it helped that the whales were active on the day we were out (Sept 10-2013). thanks!

1 Thank BigGuyBri
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Unforgetable experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

First we had to change the date for Scania's adventure ,because our cruise was cancelled so we arrived to Juneau three days later.The Scania family was quick and efficient dealing with this last minute change.
We went to sea with Cap Allan who welcomed us gracefully,and we felt immediately that there is someone we can feel safe with.The boat is an amazingly strong machine very fast and maneuverable which is most important for whale watching and extremely spacious.Then whales started to arrive,while Cap Allan lead the whole group of other boats to their position.We saw Killer whales which are rare at Juneau's waters,and later Humpbacks lots and lots of them.One calf even performed for us a double jump.We still carry the taste of Allan's crackers with the Salmon spread.After almost four hours we returned to shore with an experience lasting for lifetime.

Commerce City, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Whale watching with Cpt. Alan Corbett”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

Whale watching on the SCANIA in Juneau Alaska with Cpt. Alan was the highlight of our cruise. We have been on this excursion three years in a row and will be booking our 2014 trip with Cpt. Alan soon. Our excursion in Sept was phenomenal as far as the number of humpback whales that we saw breaching and several whales passed close to the boat and allowed us to get fantastic photos. We also saw killer whales that put on quite a show for us. Cpt. Alan was just as excited as we were when two whales breached together close to the boat. We could not have asked for more perfect weather that day and are always amazed at the vast knowledge that Cpt. Alan has of Alaska and the wildlife. We have attached some of the pictures for your enjoyment. We look forward to our fourth trip on the Scania next Sept!

2 Thank George S

Been to Adventures in Alaska? Share your experiences!