“Professional and Relaxed Outfit - Once in a lifetime experience”
Review of Era Helicopters

Era Helicopters
Ranked #20 of 80 Tours in Juneau
Reviewed September 23, 2013

My husband and I went on the glacier tour Sept 16, 2013 and it was a great excursion, amazing views and helpful positive employees made it all the better - thank you to the staff of Era!

1  Thank Pat999_10

Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were on the Princess Coral Cruise line and had a day in Juneau, Alaska. We were told NOT to book out tours on the cruise because we could get a much better deal at port. So we decided to take the advice and were glad we did!!

We ended up taking Era for our helicopter your to the glacier! It was amazing! Very personal and when we landed on the glacier we were the only people and helicopter around! Our guide was so knowledgable and personable! I highly suggest this tour over the others as I heard people talking about their tour and they said there were lots of people and helicopters were they landed on the glacier. I'd much rather be the only ones in sight! Our guide says they pick the spot with each flight depending on the best location!

1  Thank Tisha77
Reviewed September 18, 2013

My mom and I did this as part of our Alaskan cruise. I think it was truly a once-in-a-lifetime experience. We were flown out to the Taku glacier where we landed and were able to walk around. This sort of scenery just isn't found anywhere else. Truly unforgettable.

The nitty-gritty-it's not cheap but how often do you go to Alaska??? Excellent staff, efficient and safety-conscious. We didn't feel rushed during our brief landing, and the pilot took great care to show us interesting features of the glacier close-up, while maintaining our safety. Glorious!

Reviewed September 15, 2013

This was my husbands first helicopter experience and I couldn't have chosen a better company to go with. They picked us up at the Denali Princess Lodge and we were 2 of 6 passengers in the helicopter. The pilot gave us a nice smooth ride and we enjoyed the trip. Bring your camera!

Reviewed September 11, 2013

We were scheduled on to this trip by Holland America and it was our first shore excursion we were looking forward to it a lot.

We were met at the dockside and bussed to the Era Helicopter centre where we were fitted with life jackets and glacier overboots. (Well, I wasn't as I have US size 16 feet but I was wearing stout walking boots so they said it was fine.)

We watched 4 helicopters from the previous tour land then were introduced to our pilot who got us all on board and off we went. The pilot gave a commentary of what we were seeing and was answering our questions as we flew along.

When we came to the glacier I thought there was a special landing place that all the helicopters would use then you'd walk off a bit. I was wrong! The pilot plonked us down on the glacier at what he said "looked like a good spot" and we had arrived.

We all climbed out and the pilot offered to take pictures of us together and showed us some of the wonders of the glacier. Standing on clear ice seeing a river of meltwater running under you is weird and a little scary... as are the huge cravasses that go on forever. I was able to take some great photos throughout. Oh, and don't step on the snow as you never know if there is anything under it!

We had a flight of 4 helicopters and you could make out the 1st in the distance as we landed, we were number 2 but there was no sight of 3 or 4 so you felt pretty isolated.

All too soon it was time to take off and go back to base having had an experience not to forget. Just remember the camera, a jacket and most definitely some sunglasses.

3  Thank Sam B