All reviews grab and go pool was cold always ready with a smile stove top energy bars room was clean kitchen area oatmeal every month walking distance from the airport nothing fancy home away from home hotel room place to stay free breakfast rudy johnie
Reviewed July 9, 2017

Perfect proximity to The Juneau airport. Literally across the street and yet it was not noisy. Clean and comfortable. I did not use the grab and go breakfast except for coffee but I think it would get you going in the morning. All in all a good but brief stay.

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Juneau - Shell Simmons Drive, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2017

Brad, thank you for reviewing your stay at Extended Stay America - Juneau - Shell Simmons Drive. We are glad to know our close proximity to the airport was perfect for your needs and that you enjoyed your time with us. We appreciate you being our guest and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 8, 2017

Room was very noisy and smelly, breakfast is very poor, swimming pool was cold, mattress were uncomfortable. But price is low compared to Juneau very pricey area. Staff is helpful. Airport reachable on foot.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Juneau - Shell Simmons Drive, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. Although you liked our location close to the airport, we sincerely apologize that you experienced so many difficulties during your stay with us. This is not the level of service we generally provide, and it certainly does not meet our standards. Your comments will be shared with the appropriate team members, so we can take action to prevent these issues from happening again. We hope you will consider giving us a second chance in the future so we can prove this is not typical of our usual service.

Reviewed July 7, 2017

The staff was not as friendly and helpful as they could have been but the room was clean and the bed was comfortable. It was very close to the airpart (.1 mile) but you could only hear the airplane noise if the window was open.

Date of stay: July 2017
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Juneau - Shell Simmons Drive, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2017

Stacey, thank you for staying at Extended Stay America - Juneau - Shell Simmons Drive. We are glad you liked your comfortable room and our location close to the airport. We also appreciate your observation about our staff and have taken a note of it. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 1, 2017

Went out and bought antibacterial wipes and yankee candles. Felt dirty just being in the room. Guy at the front desk very nice. Grab and go breakfast was a joke. The beds were not very good, not an enjoyable stay

Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Juneau - Shell Simmons Drive, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. The incidents you highlight in your review concerns me very much. This is certainly not the type of service our hotel is known for, and we extend our sincerest apologies. Rest assured we are following up on your concerns to ensure we are well poised to serve you better during your next stay. We're confident you will have a much more positive experience next time. We hope you and your family will give us an opportunity to make this up to you on a future stay.

Reviewed June 26, 2017

I stayed at this hotel on Saturday, June 24, 2017. Upon check in the hotel staff explained to me that the room in which I would be staying was one in which someone had been living in for the past three years and just left. They "did not intend" to rent it to me, but the reservation came in late and that was the only room left. The room was very run down, but they assured me it was cleaned. However, when I opened up the bed to sleep, I found many bed bugs. I took photos of the bugs and grabbed my things to go check out. The hotel staff didn't believe me until I showed them the photos and then checked for the bugs themselves. They did wash the clothes I had been wearing for me with their machines and then, miraculously, found another room for me to spend the remaining two hours of my stay in before heading to the airport. I have now spent all day dealing with my suitcase and the rest of my clothes and items that were in the room. Before I left, the hotel staff assured me that they would not charge me for the terrible experience, however, I just checked my card and they did in fact charge. I just called to find out what they were planning on doing about the incident and the hotel staff with whom I spoke stated that they would reverse the charge and it would show up within 7-10 days, but that they wouldn't pay for the cleaning of my clothes or any other inconvenience of their mistake. I find that unacceptable. I hope to speak with other personal from the hotel or hotel chain about the incident and hope that they will be more accommodating. If that is the case, I will update this review.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Extended Stay
00esa, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Juneau - Shell Simmons Drive, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We take these matters very seriously and appreciate you bringing this to our attention. We hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a better stay in the future. General Manager