“Although the rates are high, i wouldn't stay anywhere else”

Extended Stay America - Juneau - Shell Simmons Drive
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Juneau
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Love staying here, i tried staying somewhere else because this hotel was booked and the experience wasn't as pleasant. I travel to Juneau at least twice a month and look forward to staying here. The staff are always friendly and accommodating

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank glennhoonah

Reviewed August 2, 2014

There is not a lot to choose from and this is on the lower end side of comfort. We had to change rooms and this new concept of the kitchen in the room is not a good thing. Takes up space that people and enjoy and go out in the community to discover the locals.

Room Tip: Get a room on the backside of the hotel. The airport is directly across the street.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 20, 2014

For a single night stay on a stopover this is quite convenient, but don't expect to really enjoy it. The convenience is just about the only plus point. There was the noisiest refrigerator I've ever heard in the room which put pay to any hopes of sleep. I was imagining a lower score overnight, but the 2 minute walk to the airport in the morning has to bump it up.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SwampHound
Reviewed July 19, 2014

I've stayed at this hotel twice. I chose it the second time because my first experience was very good. Eight years after that first experience, I chose this hotel. That was a mistake. My check in was 4PM but the room was not available until 5. The hotel and the room looked, felt, and were dirty. The staff was kind but inefficient and provided incorrect information (I was standing next to a few people asking for information about sights in Juneau and heard hotel staff give them incorrect information including directions!) There were several burned out lights in my room. The blanket was beyond old and overused. There was no toilet paper in the room. The towels had not been checked. I asked for towels four times and was told they'd be ready in an hour each time. At least the bed had been changed and the small pool was available. This makes me sad because the hotel is convenient to the airport but there are less expensive hotels in the vicinity that are likely to provide a better experience than this one.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed July 6, 2014

I was there about three weeks on business, for a capital city and tourist attraction there really isn't a lot of hotel rooms available so at times you just take what you can get. Weekends in this place were bad, screaming kids, screaming kids running the hallways, and drunk folks doing what drunk folks do. During the week things seemed to calm down. The office staff was friendly and helpful but the housekeeping folks not so much. The internet was so/so. The room was clean but the dishes needed cleaned before use.

Room Tip: Top floor, back side may be less noisy.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

So I arrived here for a 2 week business stay and not my first in Juneau nor Alaska. First the room stinks, if smells like mildew and mold. My clothes are damp from hanging on the clothing rod, a first. Second, the Internet is horrific. I am staying on room 101, AVOID at all cost or around it. The connection at best is spotty, thus currently writing this on my phone. I called the Internet help desk and said the problem is lack of routers. No hotel I have been to in this town is nearly as bad. I cannot even access gmail!! I complained to the front desk and was told this is a known problem for a long time and well it sucks to be me.

The so called breakfast in the morning in my past 4 days is extremely cheap tea and packaged Sanka (I swear Sanka not seen in 10+ years) packets of instant coffee. At least the Fairbanks locale has breakfast bars.

The pool avoid, I swear either there is so much chlorine my skin dried out or I have some type of skin disease. I will be talking again to the front desk and more than likely my company to switch hotels.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Ivan W
Reviewed June 18, 2014

The pictures online are a total lie. Right when I walked in, I got an awful whiff of pet urine and cigarettes.there was no food in the food area / lobby. They were understaff and the poor lady was running around everywhere. There was no manager on site. I went up to my room and it was filthy. There was poop in the toilet and hair all over the bed and Crumbs on the floor. This room wasn't clean. The cleaning lady's should get fired for lying . I walked straight out and got my money back. The whole place was disgusting.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Escrowsarah
Travelers also viewed these Juneau hotels
Juneau Aspen Suites Hotel
#6 of 17 in Juneau
Prospector Hotel
Prospector Hotel
#11 of 17 in Juneau

Been to Extended Stay America - Juneau - Shell Simmons Drive? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Juneau - Shell Simmons Drive

Address: 1800 Shell Simmons Dr, Juneau, AK 99801-9374 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe )
Location: United States > Alaska > Juneau
Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#4 Business Hotel in Juneau
Price Range: $94 - $186 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Juneau - Shell Simmons Drive 2.5*
Limited Shuttle Service ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Extended Stay, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Extended Stay America - Juneau - Shell Simmons Drive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Deluxe Hotel Juneau