“Waffles, coffee and slight weird”
Review of GonZo AK

GonZo AK
Ranked #25 of 145 Restaurants in Juneau
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed September 3, 2014 via mobile

Don't get me wrong I love the waffles and drinks here but the staff can be odd. For all the coffee they are not the most energetic bunch or helpful they are just kind of weird. Like Portland weird not creepy weird, if that makes sense. I highly recommend if you go with 2 or more getting different waffles and splitting them. One gets a berry and one gets sausage and egg and then you split so you get best of both worlds since it's so hard to choose. After a day out the road it's a nice pit stop.

Reviewed August 13, 2014

Used to get coffee and scones here everyday. Excellent. They have a quality selection of tea and some of the best waffles on earth. And ice cream. Very accommodating to kids too.

Reviewed August 1, 2014

They have the best Belgian waffles I have ever had. My first was with egg, sausage and bacon. My friend had strawberries with whip cream. We each had half and was that a winner. One day we stopped for lunch. I had half a sandwich with bowl of cream of asparagus soup, both good.

Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

This was the first stop we made when we got off the plane to begin our Juneau adventure. The waffles and coffee were wonderful. The only thing we regret was the fact that we didn't have time to go back for more.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

At 11 in the morning on a weekday, I was surprised at the wait time for food. I had blueberry waffles and enjoyed it; my husband had a savory waffle with sausage inside and was not enamored. The coffee was fine, but the chai was so off that my daughter and I both threw ours out. Even though it was close to where we were staying, we didn't eat there again.

1  Thank NAOMI_Alaska

Been to GonZo AK? Share your experiences!