“Highlight of our Cruise to Alaska”

Taku Glacier Lodge & Wings Airways
More attraction details
Owner description: The Best Glacier Flightseeing Adventures & Excursion Tours in Southeast Alaska! Offering glacier flightseeing by 10 passenger deHavilland Otter seaplne from the historic downtown Juneau waterfront. Tour includes the ultimate combination tour: the Taku Lodge Feast & 5-Glacier Seaplane Discovery (3 hours incluiding flightseeing and 2 hours at the remote Taku Glacier Lodge and King Salmon feast. Also possible black bear sightings). Second tour option is the one hour 5-Glacier Flightseeing Exploration to view five glaciers of the Juneau Icefield, including the largest glacier in the whole icefield. See the Grandeur of Juneau, Alaska from Your Own Alaskan Float Plane Tour!
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Skelmersdale, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Highlight of our Cruise to Alaska”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

An amazing experience, flew by float planes over glaciers to Taku Lodge. Everyone has their own window seat, and the view and sights are fantastic and give a different view of the glaciers from what you see on the cruise ship. Staff very welcoming and professional. After our salmon bake, which was excellent, 2 bears came and ate the from grill pit. Highlight of our holiday and would recommend this trip to anyone.

1 Thank sandra1202

Redondo Beach, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“The excursion that has it all. Glaciers, floatplane, bears, and good food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

Took this excursion on our cruise to alaska and was totally pleased. If you want to see black bears, this is the trip for you. If you want to fly in a float plane, even better. If you want to see glaciers from above, then this trip has it all. I wanted to see bears as close as I could safely and I was not disappointed. The bears were everywhere: in the bush, in the trees, at the barbecue pit, and also just walking around. I also saw one take off into a run that stunned me with his speed and acceleration. I also wanted to try a floatplane and that was great too. The fly over of the glaciers was icing on the cake for me, but for others, that might have been the highlight. The food was good, the lodge very nice and a very serene setting on the river across from the glacier. Be sure to check youtube for a video of this excursion. One of my best excursions of my trip.

1 Thank ruslov
Yonkers, New York
168 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 192 helpful votes
“highlight of a trip to Alaska”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

On our recent cruise to Alaska we took this very exciting and memorable tour. From the moment you arrive at the float planes dock you know you are in for a wonderful time....the staff is welcoming and the dock exciting! then you board their planes for the trip and head out for sights you will never forget....the trip over the glaciers was absolutely breathtaking and landing was an experience I will never forget. then you get to the lodge and this was so special.....it is just what you expect an Alaskan lodge would be like....the staff are all young, attentive and anxious to please. the salmon bake was delicious (my husband had chicken since he does not like fish) and this feast was served on huge platters with scones, muffins, cole slaw followed by homemade ginger cookies. all served with a Russian tea that was so fragrant and tasted so good...I had to buy their cookbook for the recipies! then there was free time to roam their property and we got to see a bear come down for left overs! in addition the friendly staff was eager to share stories. the ride back was just as breathtaking and we were sorry to see it end. this trip is the Alaska you traveled so far to see!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank christmas152
Kapaa, Hawaii
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Trip of a Lifetime, Highlight of our trip to Alaska”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

Excellent experience, will stay with me forever.
We flew by chartered helicopters, they were all very professional operations and well organized to get 40 people in 5 helicopters and on their way to one of the most beautiful areas in Alaska. The trip was outstanding going over 5 glaciers and landing on the Taku River near the Hole in the Wall Glacier. Views were beyond words.
The salmon was grilled excellent.
I was in Heaven, when a young black bear, roughly 400 + lbs according to personnel, came out of the woods patiently waiting to eat salmon off of the grill pit after our fish was done and stayed for about 20 minutes.
Was told there's a beautiful waterfall accessible by trail.
Without hesitation, I would recommend this trip by float plane and salmon feast highly. If I had to narrow to one thing to do on a trip to Juneau, this would be the activity to experience once in a lifetime. I bought the Book, just so I could read the history on this amazing place!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank kauaiangel
Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Highlight of Holiday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

This trip was booked the morning of travel on shore after our helicopter trip was cancelled due to low cloud and very glad we picked this trip!! The plane flys below the cloud allowing amazing views over 5 glaciers.

The planes were in perfect condition, during the flight the audio narration was fantastic, The pilot manoeuvred the plane in such a way that all passengers had a view of the glaciers.

Everyone gets a window seat.

Upon landing beside the hole in the wall glacier we were greeted with the site of 2 bears and a cub roaming the premises.

The Salmon bake was fantastic with endless amounts of food - The russian chai tea was also fantastic.

Once finished cooking several bears approached the outside bbq which allowed for amazing photos. After Lunch guided nature tours and time to explore the beautiful surrounds

You can see the glacier from the restaurant window while eating lunch.

This would be the number 1 tour from Juneau!!

Visited June 2013

Been to Taku Glacier Lodge & Wings Airways? Share your experiences!