“Great place off the main strip”
Review of Sandpiper Cafe

Sandpiper Cafe
Ranked #4 of 140 Restaurants in Juneau
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great place off the main strip”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Went here for breakfast on my last day in Juneau with a friend. Was busy at 10 am on a Thursday, which is a good sign. We were seated quickly and our server was very friendly. The menu is not huge, and the prices are high for breakfast, but the quality and taste were spectacular. This place was recommended because it was off the main strip, so not too many tourists stopped here, more for locals. Would highly suggest you stop here.

• Visited July 2014

Kalamazoo
“Jewel off the main street”
Reviewed July 5, 2014

While in Juneau, be sure to dine here at least once. Their breakfasts are phenomenal! We at there three times during our stay and each time was heaven in Alaska. My favorite breakfast dish was the vegetable hash. I also had the smoked salmon omelet - also delicious. I didn't have the bagels and lox, but I observed many diners ordering it, so I know it must be great. The atmosphere is relaxed and the servers are attentive and helpful regarding information about things to do in Juneau.

1 Thank HitGirl55
Georgia
“The best breakfast in Juneau”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

My husband and I had breakfast here the second day of our visit in Juneau. It was fabulous; probably one of the best breakfast meals we have had on any of our trips. He had the cold salmon omelet. It was huge and tasty. I had the five cheese omelet. Both were cooked to perfection. A side order of sausage was a patty at least four inches in diameter. The hash browns were actually crisply cooked, a talent that few chefs choose to follow. On our next visit I will have the pancakes; they looked delicious as well. Stay away from the biscuits; they appear to be from the frozen food isle in the grocery. We highly recommend this restaurant.

2 Thank catheaven14
Park City, Utah
“Best in town for breakfast”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Great breakfast menu. Tried the big plate of "hash" breakfast with eggs on top. The hash was asparagus chunks, brussels sprout shavings, carrot chunks, red onion, chicken chunks, bacon bits as well as several items which were hard to identify. VERY tasty. Lots of locals here- it is too far a walk and off the beaten path for cruisers to find it. It is also Juneau priced- 2 of the able BIG plates plus 4X excellent cappuccinos was $55, but hey, they have to drag most of the stuff all the way to Juneau by boat or plane.

Visited June 2014
Spokane, WA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious food, high prices”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

While the food is delicious, the Sandpiper's extremely high prices make it very difficult to justify a regular meal there - breakfast for two people should not cost $40, even in Juneau. My eggs benedict were delicious (wonderful, true hollandaise), and my friend's very average breakfast of eggs, bacon and potatoes was fine as well - but not worth the price, especially when you consider that their prices have gone up while portion sizes have gone down. With options like the Rookery really stepping it up, Sandpiper has pretty much taken a back seat.

1 Thank ihypehotels

Been to Sandpiper Cafe? Share your experiences!