“The best breakfast in Juneau”
Review of Sandpiper Cafe

Sandpiper Cafe
Ranked #3 of 145 Restaurants in Juneau
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 19, 2014

My husband and I had breakfast here the second day of our visit in Juneau. It was fabulous; probably one of the best breakfast meals we have had on any of our trips. He had the cold salmon omelet. It was huge and tasty. I had the five cheese omelet. Both were cooked to perfection. A side order of sausage was a patty at least four inches in diameter. The hash browns were actually crisply cooked, a talent that few chefs choose to follow. On our next visit I will have the pancakes; they looked delicious as well. Stay away from the biscuits; they appear to be from the frozen food isle in the grocery. We highly recommend this restaurant.

2  Thank catheaven14

Reviewed June 18, 2014

Great breakfast menu. Tried the big plate of "hash" breakfast with eggs on top. The hash was asparagus chunks, brussels sprout shavings, carrot chunks, red onion, chicken chunks, bacon bits as well as several items which were hard to identify. VERY tasty. Lots of locals here- it is too far a walk and off the beaten path for cruisers to find it. It is also Juneau priced- 2 of the able BIG plates plus 4X excellent cappuccinos was $55, but hey, they have to drag most of the stuff all the way to Juneau by boat or plane.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

While the food is delicious, the Sandpiper's extremely high prices make it very difficult to justify a regular meal there - breakfast for two people should not cost $40, even in Juneau. My eggs benedict were delicious (wonderful, true hollandaise), and my friend's very average breakfast of eggs, bacon and potatoes was fine as well - but not worth the price, especially when you consider that their prices have gone up while portion sizes have gone down. With options like the Rookery really stepping it up, Sandpiper has pretty much taken a back seat.

1  Thank ihypehotels
Reviewed June 15, 2014

This is the best restaurant in Juneau. It has a fairly diverse menu and specials every day. They also serve some quirky Alaska fare, such as moose, elk and buffalo burgers. I even had an Ostrich egg omelet here once. It was delicious. It's great for breakfast and lunch but, unfortunately for us, is not open for dinner. There can be a bit of a wait for seating. It's worth the wait.

My single complaint has been that the portions are way too big. Everything they serve is lumberjack sized. I usually share a single plate with my wife and we are both pleasantly filled. If you eat the whole serving you will need a nap.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Outstanding food and service. I stayed at The Driftwood Hotel.The Sandpiper is in the Hotel. Great Experience all around. Thank You

Been to Sandpiper Cafe? Share your experiences!