“Excellent Breakfast - Great Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sandpiper Cafe

Sandpiper Cafe
Ranked #6 of 134 Restaurants in Juneau
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Anchorage, Alaska
“Excellent Breakfast - Great Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

The food was well-prepared, the incredients were first rate and the service was very friendly and professional. They have several daily specials which looked quite interesting. However, since I am a basic breakfast type person I went with the eggs, potatoes, sausage and sourdough toast combo. I recommend the patty sausage though they also had smoked bacon and ham. It this had been a brunch or later in the morning, I might well have chosen one of the daily specials.

Visited June 2013

Toledo, Washington
“I don't get it..”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

I guess I don't get it. I thought this place was mediocre at best. Average is actually a generous appraisal of the food. It's kind of quaint inside and more or less clean, but that's about it. I look at the other rave reviews of Sandpiper and wonder if I missed something. But I really don't think so. I'll try it again and see if I was just there on an off day.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Texaque
Carmel, Indiana
“Good Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

The food and service were good but expensive. Breakfast for 2 people was $33. It has a good location and was easy to find.

Visited May 2013
Oregon City, Oregon
“Worth the walk from the ship”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

While on a cruise to Alaska we wanted to do something different. We docked early so we left the ship and walked in the beautiful Alaskan rain. Twenty minutes later we were at this marvelous restaurant. We found out about it from a local shop. They had sourdough pancakes. They were so good we had not seen them on the menu in years. We also had omelets (smoked salmon). with Yukon gold potatoes. We are taking another cruise to Alaska in September. We are already planning our return trip to Sandpiper.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank sandra g
Juneau AK
“Great Juneau lunch spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

The menu is a bit more upscale than many other places, food and portions are very good, and weekend breakfasts offer interesting choices. Close to the Federal Building.

Visited September 2012

Been to Sandpiper Cafe? Share your experiences!