“A little star that shines!”
Review of Paradise Cafe - CLOSED

Paradise Cafe
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout
Los Angeles
“A little star that shines!”
Reviewed August 30, 2011

In a town that caters to tourists off of cruise ships, at least there is one little star that shines. Small, comfortable and cozy, this little coffee and pastry shop is a treasure. The young lady servers are polite, friendly and on top of it. The coffee is excellent, the pastries fresh and right out of the oven. The decor is unique(eclectic) and very artsy. We had the quiche that was A-1 and a strawberry croissant that was to die for. If in Juneau, don't miss this place. It's not Paris, but as close as you'll get while in Alaska. Enjoy it!!!

1 Thank rohbogen

New Orleans, Louisiana
“One of the best places I've ever been!!!”
Reviewed August 12, 2011

Oh, where to begin...first I am married to a pastry chef who as worked at several 5-star restaurants in Chicago and New York, so suffice it to say, we know our pastries/food. This place was beyond wonderful, the staff, the owner, and her daughter were as genuine and lovely as one could ever imagine. The daugher, Lola, was a musician, when she found out we were from New Orleans, she gave us a free CD of her music! Who does that?! The atmosphere, and the food were beyond words! The place is decorated in an eclectic comfortable style and served the best mocha I have ever tasted! The food was fabulous, we shared a pumpkin cookie, a savory scone, and a frittatta, We were visiting friends in Juneau and they suggested we stop there for breakfast, I'm so glad we took their advice! There are many reasons I would move to Southeast Alaska, Paradise Cafe is one of them! I can't imagine anyone ever having a bad experience here!

Prescott Valley, Arizona
“Awesome Food; Friendly People”
Reviewed August 10, 2011

Love their coffee, sandwiches, breakfasts and desserts. You can't go wrong with anything they serve. All of their staff are very friendly. Don't miss this wonderful cafe in Juneau!

1 Thank heykoz
Denver, Colorado
“Paradise in a land of not so good restaurants.”
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Have been in Juneau 2 months and can't say that is what they are known for is good restaurants. Then I was recc. this place, Everything homemade and you can tell. I have not had the pastries yet as they go fast. Brie breakfast and lunch sandwich, pasta salad, and the blueberry bread pudding are unbelievable. Right across from cruise ships so you can sit outside and people watch if you like. Cool unique inside atmosphere.Only open til 2 daily.

Waikoloa, Hawaii
“STILL my Favorite”
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Nothing better for breakfast, brunch or lunch. This time I had the vegetable quiche and it was excellent. The place can get quite crowded when 5 cruise ships are in town, but if I were still a local I'd go here at least once a week!

• Visited July 2011