“Houston Lodge dinner”

Houston Lodge Marketplace
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: The Restaurant at Houston Lodge Marketplace has reopened under NEW OWNERS! We serve good comfort food at decent prices in a comfortable setting. Come check us out!
Palmer, Alaska
“Houston Lodge dinner”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

My husband and I had very much enjoyed a dinner here last year and brought friends last night expecting a similar great experience. The atmosphere and the servers were great, but it really disappointed us with the rest of it. The chowder was extremely salty and barely warm. The medium rare prime ribs were more well done and way over seasoned and once again everything on our plate except the onion rings were very, very salty. We all scraped as much of the seasoning off as we could and the prime rib was still extremely salty. Our salads were not crisp and fresh and all of us picked through to remove the rusty old pieces. We never received the bread basket that was supposedly included in our meals. The meal was a disaster. We can't imagine why the HUGE difference from as year ago with the same owner/chef.

• Visited April 2013
5 Thank 22Teri

Big Lake, Alaska
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Relax and Enjoy”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

We enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere and played a game of pool before dinner. The food was very good! We will go back again.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Cynthia L
Anchorage, Alaska
“Awesome Eats!”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

I've been driving by for years. I stopped on a whim last winter and became instantly hooked.

I've been back 6 times.Had everything from frog legs to fettuccine to steak. On my last visit, I had the best burger I've had in Alaska.

I drove by the past couple days and the place is closed. It appears that a for sale sign is in the parking lot. Major loss for the Mat-Su valley.

I hope the closure is temporary.

1 Thank Goi3ig
Wasilla, Alaska
“overpriced”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

We tried the Lodge again tonite. Again we were disappointed. The atmosphere is great. The new owners have really renovated the space so credit is due. But......I ordered a Gold Rush RibEye steak medium. It came out medium rare (fine with me since my new strategy with Wasilla eateries is to order medium to get a meduim rare but others would not be happy) and was the toughest rib eye ever and really under seasoned. It was just bad. My husband ordered the prime rib medium and cut off a good portion due to the rareness of the meat. The wait staff was friendly but incompentent. Our waitress delivered the wrong drinks to us. We switched them. Then brought the wrong sides to our dinners. We switched them at the table. Then my husband asked for a different pepper shaker since the one at our table (actually one from another table that I took since our table didnt have one) was clogged and needed to be cleaned. Our waitress actually started to unscrew the top to the pepper shaker to, I guess, pour pepper for my husband when he asked for the pepper grinder. Bottom line....They charge a LOT for a substandard meal. You are better off going to Settlers Bay for this price.

• Visited December 2012
Wasilla
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Sim”
Reviewed October 26, 2012 via mobile

Simple. Knowledgable, friendly staff. Mild atmosphere...not too loud, but nice background din. Local beers (YES!) and raspberry tea. Lots of folks have complained about the price. The QUALITY and QUANTITY is well worth it. I ordered Chipoltle Raspberry Chicken. Not my usual manly steak but this dish purports to have fresh berrys. OH YEA! Fresh blue and rasp, baby!
My hard to impress wife ordered the cordon- bleu. She wants to come back for our anniversary. Thats hi-praise coming from Miss Picky!
Worth the drive and you WILL leave full.

1 Thank Marbee40

Been to Houston Lodge Marketplace? Share your experiences!