Open today: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
A TOTAL BLAST!

This was so much fun - I will definitely do it again on our next Alaskan cruise! The Icy Point... read more

Reviewed November 6, 2018
Mark B
Dripping Springs, Texas
Alaska Cruise

Icy Strait was that hidden gem on our Alaskan cruise. What a special place it was. We were so glad... read more

Reviewed November 1, 2018
Paul E
Head of Jeddore, Canada

Recommended experiences in and around Hoonah
from $117.45
from $73.13
from $180.00
More Info
All reviews zip rider minute bus ride scared of heights icy strait point exhilarating ride launch site great ride adrenaline rush cruise ship once in a lifetime bucket list t shirts awesome experience royal caribbean beautiful scenery harness seconds
Reviewed September 18, 2013

My 75 yr old mom (who has no fear) and I did this trip as part of our Alaskan cruise. The bus ride was lovely and the driver gave us all sorts of interesting information about the Tlingit natives who live in Hoonah, and how Icy Strait Point came to be on the cruise circuit (I think in 2007?). The zipline was fantastic-comfortable harness and a very long and thrilling ride!

1  Thank operacarol
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Have you heard the one about the girl who is terrified about heights who goes on a zip line? The moment we got off the boat, and my husband saw people flying past us, this look of longing spread over his face and I knew I could do anything for two minutes for him.

I am so glad I did. The bus ride up to the top of the hill was so very informative, my husband and I loved hearing all of the information about the community. The walk down to the the zipline was a bit difficult for me, as it was a continual decline. A person needing a walker or with back problems shouldn't do this excursion.

I was afraid for about five seconds, if that. The few seconds when the door first opened and I looked down, I thought, "I can't do this." Then I raised my head and didn't look down I looked at the beauty surrounding me.

It was amazing. I kept my feet straight out, so I wouldn't forget at the end to have them out. I was so in to it, I was surprised by the jerk at the end to stop us. Everyone should do it at least once.

All of the staff were so nice and friendly.

1  Thank Terri N
Reviewed September 15, 2013

my mum ( 60+) and I did the zip rider, all the staff were friendly with good commentary on the way up to the start. great views. nice not to be in the normal harness rather was a chair style harness. walk down to launch site is steep and gravel use the golf buggy thing they meet the bus with!!! pictures available to buy at the bottom, they show you the pictures and you choose, for what they are and quality quite expensive, no frame literally a picture for $12.

2  Thank dolphin60_40
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

This was fun and beautiful...but expensive. I thought i would get a better price off the cruise ship...but it became apparent the cruise ships are in on it as the price was the same and they required payment with my cruise ship key card. It is not traditional ziplining. You sit in a harness chair. An 89 year old woman did it with no fear. If you have got the money go for it. My $130 experience was over in 75 seconds making it cost a bit less than $2 a second...though you get a nice tour on the bus ride up the hill. If that sounds like too much.... save the money for a much better ziplining experience in affordable Costa Rica where the ziplining on multiple lines through the clouds is $40 in Monteverde.

Date of experience: September 2013
3  Thank sactraveler78
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

We (my 11 year old son and i) did this as an excursion while we we cruising in Alaska. It's a brilliant thrill ride with professional and courteous staff. I thoroughly recommend this if you are ever in icy strait point.