“Life time adventure!”

Icy Strait Point ZipRider
More attraction details
Owner description: Alaskan sized adventure! This is it, the world's largest zip-line: 5,330 feet long, 1,300 foot vertical drop, 60 mph maximum speed, 300 feet highest point from ground, 1.5 minute ride time! If you are looking for true adventure then the ZipRider is for you. Unlike anything you've seen before the ZipRider cable ride at Icy Strait Point is truly a once in a lifetime experience. Your adventure begins when you board your bus for the ride to the top the mountain. Your driver will narrate as you pass through the village of Hoonah and then up the mountainside. Once on top you will take a short walk to the launching area. At 1,300 feet above sea level you will sit into a special harness seat and await your launch. Six guests launch at once, and it is a race to the bottom! 3, 2, 1 and you're off, accelerating to 60 mph as you pass 300 feet above the treetops. If your eyes are still open you will see sweeping views of Port Frederick, Icy Strait and your cruise ship far below. Your ZipRide concludes with a break-activated landing on the beach back at Icy Strait Point.Participants must be between 90 and 275 pounds and be comfortable with heights. This ride is not recommended for individuals with back or neck problems, or who are pregnant. Photos will be available at the end of your ride!
Thousand Oaks, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Life time adventure!”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Fantastic! It was a great adventure from our pick up, through our guided tour bus ride, to our zip ride. We were all called "guests" not tourists; our guide said the locals were all so glad to have the jobs and that visitors had come to see their home of Alaska. 6 people go down the zip ride at a time so my whole family had the adventure together. It was like flying! My son took a video of our ride on his camera. They take a picture toward the end too. Zipping over the cliff and through the clouds was breathtaking. The only time I was nervous was as we came to the end and were still flying to quickly. The big springs that stop you at the end are easy and an employee is there quickly to help you out of your harnesses. They show you the pictures, but don't pester you about them. Then we enjoyed watching others at the snack and picnic area. Great Day!!!

Visited June 2013

Salt Lake City, Utah
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Great thrills in a gorgeous location!”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

My 75 yr old mom (who has no fear) and I did this trip as part of our Alaskan cruise. The bus ride was lovely and the driver gave us all sorts of interesting information about the Tlingit natives who live in Hoonah, and how Icy Strait Point came to be on the cruise circuit (I think in 2007?). The zipline was fantastic-comfortable harness and a very long and thrilling ride!

1 Thank operacarol
North Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“2 Minutes to Change You Life”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Have you heard the one about the girl who is terrified about heights who goes on a zip line? The moment we got off the boat, and my husband saw people flying past us, this look of longing spread over his face and I knew I could do anything for two minutes for him.

I am so glad I did. The bus ride up to the top of the hill was so very informative, my husband and I loved hearing all of the information about the community. The walk down to the the zipline was a bit difficult for me, as it was a continual decline. A person needing a walker or with back problems shouldn't do this excursion.

I was afraid for about five seconds, if that. The few seconds when the door first opened and I looked down, I thought, "I can't do this." Then I raised my head and didn't look down I looked at the beauty surrounding me.

It was amazing. I kept my feet straight out, so I wouldn't forget at the end to have them out. I was so in to it, I was surprised by the jerk at the end to stop us. Everyone should do it at least once.

All of the staff were so nice and friendly.

1 Thank Terri N
Glasgow
166 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 79 helpful votes
“worth the cost”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

my mum ( 60+) and I did the zip rider, all the staff were friendly with good commentary on the way up to the start. great views. nice not to be in the normal harness rather was a chair style harness. walk down to launch site is steep and gravel use the golf buggy thing they meet the bus with!!! pictures available to buy at the bottom, they show you the pictures and you choose, for what they are and quality quite expensive, no frame literally a picture for $12.

2 Thank dolphin60_40
sacramento, ca
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“PRICEY but fun.”
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

This was fun and beautiful...but expensive. I thought i would get a better price off the cruise ship...but it became apparent the cruise ships are in on it as the price was the same and they required payment with my cruise ship key card. It is not traditional ziplining. You sit in a harness chair. An 89 year old woman did it with no fear. If you have got the money go for it. My $130 experience was over in 75 seconds making it cost a bit less than $2 a second...though you get a nice tour on the bus ride up the hill. If that sounds like too much.... save the money for a much better ziplining experience in affordable Costa Rica where the ziplining on multiple lines through the clouds is $40 in Monteverde.

Visited September 2013
3 Thank sactraveler78

Been to Icy Strait Point ZipRider? Share your experiences!