“Solid choice for crab basics”

The Crab Station at Icy Strait Point
Ranked #1 of 11 Restaurants in Hoonah
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: Crab does not get anyfresher than this! Our freshly caught Dungeness crab is as fresh as you can get! Open Daily through the season we offer the best Alaska has to offer, Fresh Crab and Cold Beer! Stop by the dock in the morning to watch our staff take the crab straight from the water to the cleaning table where they clean and prep the crab for cooking. We have seating available on the dock or you can stroll around the corner to join friends at the open seating Cookhouse Restaurant. Open daily through Dungeness Crab season.
Reviewed July 2, 2014

We were excited to hear the the crab bisque was from Tracy's Crab Shack in Juneau. If you missed it there, grab the bisque here. It's worth it. It's your basic crab shack. Place your order at one window, then move 3 feet to the right to watch them load your order into the steamer and then serve it up. The dungeness crab was sweet and meaty. My wife got the king crab legs that were tasty. Like everywhere else in Alaska you need to check what is fresh when you are there - at that point in time the king crab was frozen, but she still loved them. Basic outdoor seating - but when it started to rain they told us to take the food and stay dry and eat in the adjacent restaurant. Great option.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

Ostensibly, Hoonah is only accessible (emphasis on "accessible") by cruiseline, and Celebrity and her sister ships at that. Nevertheless, when one comes ashore they instantly greeted by this quaint little joint. The crab bisque is the most delectable bisque I've ever had--even more than the stellar lobster bisque I've had throughout Maine and Canada's maritime provinces. One should not scoff at the exorbitant fare they charge for their food. All pricing is relative and Hoonah is pretty isolated, denoting higher prices. Beer prices are actually prety nominal, far less than they are at a ball game!
Bring your poncho for it rains incessantly.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

This was our first stop on our cruise and I was dying for some crab. I was slightly hesitant at the price but decided it must be worth it. It most definitely was. The snow crab was so fresh and tasty, and was steamed perfectly, not over done, just perfect.

The woman behind the counter grace us a taste of the king crab while we waited and that too was delicious. I wish I could have eaten a pound of that as well!

If you take the Alaskan cruise do not hesitate to get your crab fix here. It was sooo much better than the crab we got in Ketchikan.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

Very good crab, but if you're headed on to Juneau with a cruise and only plan to splurge on crab once, don't miss Tracy's Crab Shack. BUT, if, like us, you indulge more than once, The Crab Station comes a close second.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

We had a great day at Icy Strait! I really didn't have to wait long, except for the crab to steam. Most people had already returned to the ship.I got King Crab legs and really enjoyed them. It was raining and I ate with my husband in the restaurant.