“Great Dungeness crab”

The Crab Station at Icy Strait Point
Ranked #1 of 11 Restaurants in Hoonah
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: Crab does not get anyfresher than this! Our freshly caught Dungeness crab is as fresh as you can get! Open Daily through the season we offer the best Alaska has to offer, Fresh Crab and Cold Beer! Stop by the dock in the morning to watch our staff take the crab straight from the water to the cleaning table where they clean and prep the crab for cooking. We have seating available on the dock or you can stroll around the corner to join friends at the open seating Cookhouse Restaurant. Open daily through Dungeness Crab season.
Reviewed October 5, 2013

So, it's a shack with counter service. I didn't think the price for a whole crab was bad at all, I've paid more for worse. It was fresh and not over steamed. Great flavor! The crab bisque was very good, not the best I've had, but still good. $8 for a cup was probably higher than it was worth, but tasty. The counter lady was very nice and informed us that we could eat it under the covered area at the restaurant instead of the picnic tables. I think they are all owned and operated by the same folks and this was a nicer option. Good view looking out and heat lamps in case it was cold. Well worth it, especially for a Dungeness lover.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

My mouth was watering as I waited for my crab in a bag and my lobster bisque. It was over-priced but I didn't care.

The lades was extremely nice, even when some people were extremely rude to them as they waited in line. No one deserves rudeness.

I was very disappointed, but my crab was over done. I wouldn't eat there again because of my experience.

1  Thank Terri N
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Crab was fantastic but pricey. Enjoyed the food. Small place but you really only go for the crab. Most people eat outside at the picnic table. Nice views of the cruise ship in the water.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Kind of expensive but the crab legs were so good, and the soup was delicious too. Enjoyed sitting outside eating the great king crab legs.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

I think that my King Crab had been steaming for a bit too long, mushy...took it to the other end of the pier and ate it in a different restaurant because of the rain. The facility is outdoor seating only. On the other hand, my spouse said that the Dungeness Crab was the most amazing that he ever had.