“Salmon fishing....wonderful!”
Review of Game Creek Guides

Game Creek Guides
Reviewed July 23, 2013

During our cruise through the Inside Passage of Alaska, we chose an excursion to stream fish in Hoonah AK. Our guides Tyler and Rachel met us with smiles on their faces and proceeded to get us outfitted into our waders and heavy boots before we headed off on a 20 minute drive to paradise! Within 5 minutes of having my line in the water I had an 8-10 pound Salmon in the net. While fishing we enjoyed the scenery of Alaska, majestic Eagles soaring overhead as well as meeting a Bear (from a safe distance) on the beach as we walked back to our van. I highly recommend booking a day with Game Creek Guides. It was a highlight of our 13 day Cruisetour of Alaska.

All reviews
"waders"
"bear"
"rod"

Reviewed July 14, 2013

My family of 4 (wife, 2 sons aged 10 and 12) had the best time of our lives catching big salmon with guides Tyler and Rachel. They met us at our cruise port in Hoonah early in the morning. We were quickly led to a stream where big salmon pooled in the deep areas. Above us were giant bald eagles.
My sons rarely have luck fishing back east so expectations and patience were running low. Within 5 minutes of throwing our lures my wife and both sons had landed their first salmon! One hour later our arms were tired of reeling them in.
Ask anyone in our family what their favorite part of their Alaska cruise/vacation was and you'll get the same answer. Stream fishing in Hoonah. We just wished we could stay longer. My wife and I agree we'll be back.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

My wife and I booked a private stream fishing trip with Game Creek Guides when our ship stopped at Hoonah. Lucas hooked us up with Tyler Anderson who proved to be a superb fishing guide. We each caught lots of Dolly Varden and even learned to fly fish. An added bonus was seeing brown bear while fishing. Definitely our best day on the cruise; Tyler did a great job!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I flew into Hoonah for the day for a bear watch with Lucas Clark of Game Creek Guides. This is more than a ride & look tour. Lucas knows his home & where the bears might be seen. We climbed banks, hillsides, waded across a river, & crossed grassy flats. The bears were a bit elusive, but we did locate a couple & watched as they ate berries & fished in a river. Lucas also gave insight as to the way of life living in this small community with his family. Overall a great day & an excellent experience.

1  Thank oldmama54
See more reviews
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We went on a whale watch on August 14, 2012 with Captain Lucas. It was a great experience. His boat is roomy for our group of 6. While our main focus of the trip was to see whates, Lucas was looking for grizzly bears on the shore.

After about an hour, we found a large group of humpback whales and spent almost two hours with the whales. The boat was able to get close (but not too close). Whale watching can't really be described - it's so magnificent to be so close to them.

On our journey back to the dock, Lucas was told there was a grizzly about 20 minutes away. He immediately set sail for the bear - but it was gone by the time we got there.

Lucas even offered to drive us around town to see if we could see a bear. But our cruise ship was leaving and we had to get back.

Overall, the whale watching trip was excellent! Highly recommend Game Creek Guides. If I'm ever back in Hoonah, I'll be calling them.