“Comfortable, delicious...a bit pricey.”
Review of Little Mermaid

Little Mermaid
Ranked #1 of 78 Restaurants in Homer
Cuisines: Pizza, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: At Little Mermaid, we handcraft our food daily, using the best in fresh local fish, meats, and produce. Our professional staff is extremely knowledgable about the ingredients, final preparation, wine and beer offerings.
Austin, Texas
“Comfortable, delicious...a bit pricey.”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We liked the mermaid decor, the delicious pie and coffee and the attentive waiters. The Mermaid Cafe is easy to find while just driving around Homer. We stopped on a whim and loved the sweets and coffee. If one part of the shop fills up, there is another attractive dining room!

Visited August 2012

• Korean first
Soldotna, Alaska
“Best food.”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

First off who am I, I am a man that has traveled and live all over the world. I have had 200 dollar plate food to the simplest cheapest street vendor food. I lived in Europe for 3 years then in Hawaii for 8years along with travels in Africa and the middle east.
I feel in my opinion i am pretty well versed in the way of the fork.
What makes this place great and worth driving 1 1/2 hours just to eat here?
1. Yes you will pay 15 to 25 dollars + for a meal.
What do you get for that? you get the freshest local ingredients they can get a hold of. You get a Chef that knows how to pair foods together for balance and flow throughout your palette. You will get a meal that will satisfy your hunger while Not making you feel like a overstuffed pig!
2. The wait staff are wonderful!!! My glass is never empty( This is my biggest pet peeve !). the food is very timly and have never had a issue.
3. The atmosphere gives the quaint little bistro a feel that is unique to Alaska.( it is super clean!) There is a used book store that is jammed packed with classic books. it gives the sense of feeling in the movies "Goonies" where they first discover the map.
4 My family has enjoyed this place more than a dozen times since the bistro has opened up. There is a high standard of food and professionalism with a dose of down home warmness. we will keep on going.
5. So... yes, if you want to go pay 7 dollars and eat at Mcburger, go ahead.
6. I will pay double + for a quality meal that is enjoyable and leaving me wonderfully satisfied.
Top 5 places I have been to.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank S_wright121
New York City, New York
“great lunch”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

wonderful fresh local salads, soups, breads. Each day's offerings, depending on "what looked good to the staff", was different.

Visited July 2012
Vancouver, Washington
“Overrated and Overpriced”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

My husband and I are foodies who decided to visit Homer to try some of their restaurants. After reading reviews of this restaurant, I was very excited to dive into some delicious food. However, my husband and I found the food to be mediocre and overpriced. The restaurant was cute, our waitress was great, and the food specials sounded delicous; however, our pizza was dry and our appetizer was flavor-less. We split 1 entree and 1 appetizer, and our total was $50. Too expensive for what they're offering. Two Sisters Cafe in town was a much better experience for us.

• Visited September 2012
Poulsbo
“Delicious food, wonderful wait-staff”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Just wanted to say thanks for a very wonderful rehearsal dinner held at the Mermaid recently. The food was delicious, fresh and inventive. The wine pairing was perfect, and the service impeccable. We all had a wonderful time. I highly recommend this delightful spot for any meal - you are in for a treat.

• Visited September 2012

Been to Little Mermaid? Share your experiences!