“I had to attend a conference in Homer...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Homer
Beary Patch Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #18 of 40 Homer B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 22, 2010

I had to attend a conference in Homer Alaska in June 2010. I chose a bed & breakfast instead of a hotel. The Beary Patch proved to be an excellent choice. The breakfast each day was a delight, but the gracious hospitality was simply outstanding. Colette and her entire family created a fond lifelong memory. Immaculate and inviting are all the rooms and common spaces. The attention to every detail are greatly appreciated.

Well done and heartfelt thanks. Greatly, eagerly recommended.

Reviewed August 14, 2008

So many good things about this place - I'm not sure how to start, so I'll just make a list.
- my bed was extremely comfy. I practically melted into into it and didn't wake up until morning. (then again, I was dead-tired from fishing, but the bed was still really very comfy!)
- bathroom is so nice and clean! Colletta even launders the body poufs daily so you get a fresh pouf! I picked blue. ^^
- Colletta is the best host. period. She gave us a tour and suggested recommendations for restaurants and activities to do while in Homer. (By the way, Homestead restaurant - eat the king crab. you must do this.)
- for our first breakfast, we had three kinds of tasty, healthy cereal to choose from, fresh cut fruit, fresh juice, milk, and other yummy stuff that I don't remember.
- for our second breakfast, Colletta even woke up early so that she could make us breakfast! (we were leaving at around 6 or so in the morning) we had muffins and a breakfast sorbet with yogurt! sorbet for breakfast! isn't that a great idea? :) i think it was raspberry.. fruit juice, rhubarb cake, quiche with many cheese - all very good.

If you're visiting Homer, this B&B is highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank eudaemon
Reviewed February 9, 2008

Great Hostess, very informative. Great view, clean quarters and quite.. Great breakfast.

Stayed: August 2007
Reviewed February 4, 2008

Homer , Alaska - The Beary Patch Bed and Breakfast
Date : May ,2007
Reviewer : Quong & Gisele Gin , Columbus Ohio . USA
If you want to stay at an excellent Bed and Breakfast. The beary Patch is the place to make a reservation.
Raymond and Coletta Walker are excellent hosts.
Their house is very clean and has a very good home like atmosphere.
There is a living like family room where you can watch tv or socialize with the other guests
Coletta serves a very tasty gourmet breakfast with a gourmet coffee. All of your breakfasts are served in an elegant atmosphere with style, making for a pleasant dinning experience.
One cannot wait to get up in the morning to have a breakfast.
Coletta is very good in informing you of the daily activities in Homer and giving you good directions to where you want to go.
Coletta is an outstanding host. She makes you feel very much at home.
So ,besure that if you plan to go to Homer, make a reservation at her B & B. You will not be disappointed.
What a beautiful home.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed September 16, 2007

We can honestly say this is the best B & B we have been in for a long time, Colletta is a perfect host, and lives up to her website details. The cooking is superb, location quiet away from town, but close enough to walk to the main street.

Stayed: September 2007
Reviewed July 18, 2006

Beary Patch B&B is a lovely place to stay in the Homer area. It's on a residential street, and close to the Pratt Museum, restaurants and the "downtown" area. The rooms are tastefully decorated, and there is plenty of room in the common areas for guests to relax. Coletta is a gracious hostess and wonderful breakfast chef. The food is delicious, creative and filling. We were sorry we hadn't planned to stay in Homer another few days because there was so much to do there.

Stayed: June 2006
Reviewed August 17, 2005

I recently stayed at the Beary Patch with some out of town relatives. The hosts, Raymond and Coletta Walker, were welcoming and friendly. They have lived in the Homer area for many years and have traveled widely around the state of Alaska. They have many interesting stories to share with guests and make time to sit and chat. Coletta also helped us with suggestions for a nice dinner out. I have visited Homer before and knew of some of her suggestions and found them right on. We decided to take her suggestion of visiting The Homestead (a restaurant I wasn't familiar with). It was great. Wonderful food, lovely view, good service ($25/entrees average).

The Walker's home is well set up to accomodate a bed and breakfast. They have four guest rooms on two floors. We stayed in the two upstairs rooms with a shared bathroom. The house has been remodeled and has brand new carpeting, windows, paint, etc. The bathroom and guest rooms were spotless and nicely decorated. There is a lovely garden and sitting area in front of the house. There was plenty of room to park. There are great views of Kachemak Bay from the front rooms.

Coletta served a fantastic three course breakfast in the morning. We started with a fruit sorbet topped with peach yogurt. Next was a cream cheese bread that was so good I got the recipe (which Coletta generously offered up). Finally we had blueberry pancakes topped with sliced bananas and layered with raspberry sauce. Wow! Even my teenage 6'+ cousins were full! Coffee, tea and juice were also offered and the table setting was lovely.

Coletta has recently added some handmade quilts to the beds in her guest rooms and requests that you don't set anything on top of them. This was a bit awkward as I was taking things out of my suitcase and couldn't find another flat place off the floor to put them. But she helpfully turned down the quilts shortly after our check-in.

The Walkers are Christian and have decorated their home with many crosses and other Christian themed sayings and artworks. This will appeal to the Christian travelers out there. I was a little uncomfortable, as it made me expect proselitizing over breakfast. However, my nervousness was misplaced and the topic did not come up.

Overall, this was definitely the nicest bed and breakfast I have stayed in during my travels around Alaska.

4  Thank SubarcticHomebody