“Fantastic!!”

The Chart Room Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 78 Restaurants in Homer
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Long a favorite among locals and visitors alike, the Chart Room Restaurant occupies one of the most spectacular waterfront locations in Alaska. We feature local seafood and individually prepared meals in a full-service, fine dining yet family oriented atmosphere. Enjoy the unmatched beauty of Kachemak Bay from the dining room windows; take in the awe-inspiring array of marine life and waterfowl from our outdoor deck, watch the local fleet as they round the spit and head out to sea. “Where Smiles and the Ocean Greet You at the Door!”
Reviewed August 28, 2014

The meals are like works of art! Hats off to the chef. I LOVE it when food is attractive, not just thrown on a plate like yesterday's leftovers! The staff are so kind and accommodating, they made me feel so welcome, like family. The seating was so visually pleasing, I felt like I could almost reach out and touch the water and see the ships go by. The host is a wealth of information and history of the area, so very interesting and a pleasure to visit with. The flavor of the food just wakes up your taste buds, amazing!!!! Please go! You will enjoy a wonderful, relaxing, and fulfilling evening.

Mike D, Manager at The Chart Room Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2014

Thank you for choosing our Chart Room restaurant and for your nice comments about our excellent staff who strive every day to live up to our slogan "Where Smiles and the Ocean Greet You at the Door!" Our Executive Chef Billy has instilled passion and a commitment to excellence in our kitchen and has recruited a team that is motivated to exceed expectations with every dish that leaves their kitchen. I am not saying they are perfect, as none of us are, but they are committed to exceeding guest expectations, and if they don't they move quickly to correct. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your front row seat to the wonders of Kachemak Bay. Thank you again.

Reviewed August 15, 2014

We had breakfast there, and enjoyed it very much. The Eggs Benedict was excellent. Our waiter was attentive.

Mike D, Manager at The Chart Room Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2014

Thank you for choosing our Chart Room Restaurant and for your nice comments regarding your meal and our staff. I see you are from the local area, please let me know when your coming out next time as I would like to thank you for your repeat business. leceo@alaska.net.

Reviewed August 15, 2014

We live just outside of Homer and regularly make the trip into town to dine at Land's End. The food is always fantastic and the wait staff are professional and friendly. We love the fact that the restaurant / bar is open most of the day so when we are just running errands in town we always have a place to drop in for a quick lunch with a fabulous view. Can't recommend this restaurant enough! The food never disappoints!

Mike D, Manager at The Chart Room Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2014

Thank you for choosing our Chart Room restaurant at the Land's End Resort and thank you for your nice comments about our staff and your experience. Our Executive Chef Billy has instilled an expectation of excellence with his team for every dish that leaves their kitchen. I am not saying they are perfect as none of us are, but witnessing their passion for food and for exceeding customer expectations is a thrill for me.

Reviewed August 14, 2014

We frequent Land's End Resort restaurant whenever we just need to relax and enjoy a drink and some good food. We usually pick days when we can sit outside on the deck. The restaurant inside atmosphere is very nice too. My husband and I enjoy the crab and artichoke dip served with warm bread. One of our guests liked the sticky hot wings. Service was outstanding. Keep up the good work.

Thank you for choosing our Chart Room restaurant and for your repeat business. Our staff strives every day to meet our slogan "Where Smiles and the Ocean Greet You at the Door!" and our Chef Billy and his team expect excellence for themselves with every meal that leaves their kitchen. I see you are from the area, please let me know the next time you plan to dine at the Chart Room as I would like to add a small token of our appreciation for your repeat business.

Reviewed August 14, 2014

When you can see sea otters while eating lunch, you kind of forget about how your food tastes. This is a classy dining room with nice interiors and a 360 degree view of the end of the Homer Spit. This is the restaurant at the Land's End Resort and all of the staff was super friendly and accommodating.

The bread crumb battered halibut fish and chips was fresh and tasty, not the best we had on our Kenai Peninsula journey, not the worst. I think next time I will have the clam chowder in the bread bowl, as some other guests were ranting and raving about it. I will be back, if for nothing else the amazing views.

Thank you for choosing our Chart Room restaurant at the Land's End Resort. I am thrilled that you loved the view and the fare from Chef Billy's kitchen. Yes, the clam chowder is one of the many highlights on our menu-- our kitchen team strives for excellence with each dish that leaves their kitchen. Thank you also for mentioning our staff, our team focuses every day on living up to our slogan "Where Smiles and the Ocean Greet You at the Door!". I see you plan to return, please let me know when your timing is set, leceo@alaska.net as I would like to add something to your visit as thanks for your repeat business.