“Delicious food and spectacular view!”

The Chart Room Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 79 Restaurants in Homer
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Long a favorite among locals and visitors alike, the Chart Room Restaurant occupies one of the most spectacular waterfront locations in Alaska. We feature local seafood and individually prepared meals in a full-service, fine dining yet family oriented atmosphere. Enjoy the unmatched beauty of Kachemak Bay from the dining room windows; take in the awe-inspiring array of marine life and waterfowl from our outdoor deck, watch the local fleet as they round the spit and head out to sea. “Where Smiles and the Ocean Greet You at the Door!”
Reviewed October 13, 2011

The views are unsurpassed at this restaurant -- at the end of the Homer Spit with mountains and water on three sides.

OK, now the food. I expected amazingly fresh and tasty seafood, but just where do they get the best produce I've eaten in Alaska? The spinach salad was excellent, the Kechemek Bay oysters fantastic, and the halibut, well, I can't think of a superlative that describes just how tasty it was!

Reviewed September 28, 2011

We ate there once during our visit to Homer. My husband loved his steak. I have the seafood pasta. It was good enough, no complaints but no 'wow' factor either. Very big portions and bread is included. Fantastic views - take your binoculars with you.

Reviewed September 18, 2011

Great lunch of fish(halibut) and chips for me and salmon sandwich for my husband. Although it was on the pricey side and rather small portions of fish, all was delicious, fresh and well prepared. The view, right there at the end of Homer Spit and on the beach, can't be beaten.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

We came here on a Friday night without reservations. Our calamari was very dry and tasteless. My strawberry daiquri was not good. My shrimp and scallop skewers were tasty though. A very nice view but overpriced for the quality of food.

Reviewed September 6, 2011

Wow what a location - right at the end of the spit
Good food and service

Been to The Chart Room Restaurant? Share your experiences!