“Great Place to Eat”

Ranked #4 of 76 Restaurants in Homer
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Oceanfront view on the Homer Spit. Lunch & Dinner specializing in local seafood.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Great Place to Eat”
Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I ate here based on the prior reviews and the owners of the place we stayed at while in Homer. I am not sure about the previous negative comments about this restaurant but our experience was fantastic. We visited with some other diners eating at the same time we were and all were very happy. The food is great and the portion sizes were completely satisfactory. The service was great also. Everyone around us seemed to be having a good time and enjoying themselves. I would agree that reservations are a good idea. We did not make reservations and waited about 45 minutes but it was well worth the wait. There are some shops nearby to shop and browse in.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
“Awful meal”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

I heard great things about this place so we thought we'd try it. I ordered the baked halibut bc I love halibut. When the meal was served I was shocked at how small the portion was. I don't eat huge portions but this looked like an appetizer! It didn't taste fresh either. I love halibut and order it often and it's always excellent. This halibut, however, had no taste, it was very bland and dry. The dill tartar sauce served with it also was bland. I was very disappointed. When you pay $28 for halibut you expect it to be good! I won't ever eat here again when in Homer! Don't waste your time or money, go to Boardwalk Fish & Chips at end of pier instead, their halibut on a stick and clam chowder is awesome and much cheaper!!

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank Chris E
Glen Carbon, Illinois
“cold food”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

The food was very good. However, it was cold. The restaurant is too crowded. It probably would be better if fewer tables were in the dining room. The waitresses are too busy. It is impossible to keep up with the crowd. It is very expensive.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank kapcat
Battle Ground, Washington
“Not what I expected”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I had been wanting fresh Pan Fried Oysters for some time and thought Captain Patties would be the best place to get them. At 2:00pm, "Sorry, we are out of oysters"... WHAT?!? "We have Oysters in the Half Shell" - Raw, no thank you! "We have Oysters Rockefeller" - No thank you. Can you Pan Fry those? "No we can't". Okay I'll just settle with a bowl of "famous" Clam Chowder, because the rest of the family had already ordered.
The Chowder was good, it came in a cute fish shaped bowl, but hardly worth bragging 'famous' about. Then I came across a big chunk of clam. Now I like my clam chowder chunky but 3/4 of a whole clam? Come on, someone's not watching what they are doing... so I call over the waitress over and ask her to let the chef know this is unacceptable. A few moments later a guy in a t-shirt shows up and says... "We make thousands of gallons of chowder every year and the 16 year olds cutting the clams don't always pay attention and are going to make mistakes. And we want to run out of oysters because that means we are doing good. If we can't get fresh oysters no one can and we won't get any until tomorrow". Then his phone rings and he answers it while walking away... huh?
We later asked the waitress who it was "That was the owner"... WOW! Some apology!

No apology, no compensation, I will not be returning!

• Visited July 2014
4 Thank PampaD59
New Kent, Virginia
“Make reservations!”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

My official first time ever in my life trying halibut! I am so glad I waiting until we visited Captain Patties! The fish was as fresh as it could get! I ordered it grilled and was so happy with it! Our server was great, a little pricey but this makes for a true date night.

Visited July 2014