“Staff ignored us!” 2 of 5 bubbles

Cafe Cups
Ranked #5 of 73 Restaurants in Homer
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ingatestone, United Kingdom
“Staff ignored us!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2010

We arrived at about 7pm on a Thursday, and the restaurant was reasonably busy. It looked really popular and seemed to have a nice atmosphere.

Unfortunately we waited over 20 minutes and were completely ignored by the waitresses - one finally said she would be with us in a second, but she didn't return, so we eventually gave up and went elsewhere. Such a shame about the service, the food looked good too.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Girdwood, Alaska
“Did not meet expectations”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2010

My husband and I both had special items offered for that night's menu. I had halibut and silver salmon fillets with a pineapple salsa, baked potato and odd pieces of what looked like acorn squash. Fish was over cooked and the meal completely unremarkable. My husband had a Cioppino dish with a selection of fin and shell fish. Everything in it tasted the same instead of having distinct flavors and was "just not good" according to him. We were enjoying our evening and it wasn't until we were well into each dish that we realized, what a disappointment it was. My husband also had the king salmon special appetizer and that consisted of heavily smoked bits of king salmon in a Nori roll with a clump of cream cheese, some cabbage, avocado, and rice. It looked impressive, but after tasting, would say that you can find a better roll at the sushi counter in Fred Meyer.
The atmosphere is fun although the decor is starting to look a little grimy. The service was excellent, but nothing makes up for the food. If just one of us had a bad meal, I would chalk it up to a tired kitchen crew after a long tourist season, but when everything was a disappointment... We will not be returning.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Laura B
Atlanta, GA
“Big City Restaurant in little Homer AK”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2010

Cafe Cups' food reminds me of restaurants you would find in most cool, quirky neighborhoods in most big cities. The food is good compared to restaurants in most cities....but great compared to Homer, AK restaurants. This is the locals favorite spot to eat in Homer......along with the Homestead Restaurant.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
“We both had the fresh silver salmon and...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2010

We both had the fresh silver salmon and halibut special. Excellent meal and atmosphere.

Wilmington, Delaware
“Best meal in ages”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2010

I ordered the seafood mandarin orange pasta meal. It was the best meal I have had in ages. It was all I could do to keep from licking the plate. The decor is artsy. It seemed there were many locals there. I texted my foodie friends as soon as I walked out the door.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Been to Cafe Cups? Share your experiences!