“Excellent service, amazing meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe Cups

Cafe Cups
Ranked #5 of 73 Restaurants in Homer
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Athens, Greece
“Excellent service, amazing meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

Café Cups was amazing. The food, the service, the ambiance, it was all outstanding. I called the day before I visited and made a reservation. I was spending a couple of days in Homer and two of my friends who are Alaska hands both told me I had to go to Café Cups. I called up at 10pm to make a reservation for 8pm the next day and they could not have been nicer. When I showed up at the restaurant, everyone called me by my name, given for the reservation. Rather than a tourist, just in town for a couple of days, I was made to feel like a regular, someone who came all the time and who they knew and were happy to see. The food was absolutely outstanding. I started with a special – oysters, broiled with bacon, spinach, and Parmesan cheese. They were delicious! I then had the prime rib, which was fantastic. No trip to Homer is complete without a visit to Café Cups. I would call and make a reservation, even when I left around 9:30pm, the place was packed.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank luvs_trvl_and_dogs

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Iowa
“July 4th Meal of a lifetime”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014

We had dinner here on July 4 and they were busy. However, the food was the best meal we had in Alaska. I had the chicken and scallop satay and my husband had the curry. The presentation of the food was excellent! It was so delicious and the service was wonderful. We only wished we didn't live a thousand miles away.

Visited July 2014
Stuart, Florida
“Superb!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

We went to dinner at Cafe Cups after being recommended by 2 different sets of people (both in and out of Homer). We did not have reservations and waited about 20 minutes for a table. Once sat the waitress was on top of it and food was served with adequate time. Portion sizes are pretty big, so even though you are paying a lot, you can easily split a meal or have leftovers. The atmosphere is eclectic, fun, and casual. The owner or manager came to us after we finished dessert and apologized for our wait time and told us our dessert was on the house! This was a show of such good business practice. We never once complained about the wait, but she felt it was necessary to be sure we left happy! We would have anyways, this just added to the feeling of satisfaction when we departed.

• Visited June 2014
San Antonio, Texas
“Alaska Visitor”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

We had dinner at the Cafe Cups tonight. The place was packed, way too many tables. We were so close to the table next to us that we could have shared their food. The food was fairly good but overpriced. The service was bad, we felt rushed to order and eat so they could reseat someone else at our table. Overall it was an average restaurant for an expensive price ($180 with tip for two diners drinking wine). Would not return!

tucson
“Wonderful”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

We visit Homer at least once a year and every trip we like to plan at least one meal at Cups! Great service and a great atmosphere!

• Visited August 2013

Been to Cafe Cups? Share your experiences!