“Totally loved this place!”
Review of Cafe Cups

Cafe Cups
Ranked #4 of 77 Restaurants in Homer
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Cafe Cups is Homer, Alaska's downtown casual, fine dining destination. Our cozy lunch & dinner house offers an intimate setting for a fresh and delicious meal. Open for lunch with a variety of creative fresh salads, sandwiches and pastas. Our dinner selections are a variety fresh local seafood, mouthwatering steaks and more. Everything we do is made from scratch using fresh, local ingredients from a variety of farms in Alaska, so our menu is always changing. Top the evening off with our house-made desserts. Healthy portions and great, friendly service are included with all selections at Cafe Cups. Our eclectic, inviting atmosphere, incredible food and friendly staff make Cafe Cups the perfect dinner destination. We invite you to join us and experience the best seafood Homer has to offer.
Reviewed September 13, 2012

My dad and stepmother brought us to one of their favorite spots, Cafe Cups, on our recent visit to Homer. I have to confess, I was pretty excited about eating at a place that was awesome enough to have giant teacups hanging outside. :) The interior was equally cute and cozy, and had a nice creative vibe to it.
The food here does not disappoint. As a vegetarian, it can be kind of hard to find really good, wholesome food while on the road, especially in Alaska where menus often seem to consist of nothing but seafood (which is great, but not if you're a veggie!), but I had NO complaints here! I was happy to have a choice of a couple of things to choose from, but I went with the Indian Green Curry with tofu. It was surprisingly authentic, healthy, fresh, spicy, and the tofu was beautifully prepared. Everyone else in my family ordered local seafood dishes and were all extremely happy with their meal.
Another thing - the portions were enormous! I could have easily split my curry three ways. With that in mind - make sure you leave room enough for dessert!! The desserts here are scrumptious. I ordered the bread pudding after watching a kid a couple of tables away fiercely guard his own bread pudding from being pilfered by his brother. And for good reason - it was soo tasty. Everyone in our group ordered something different from the dessert menu, but we all agreed that my bread pudding was the best.
The servers were friendly and cheerful, and even as the restaurant started to fill up, made sure we were taken care of. This seemed to be a popular place with both locals and visitors, and is definitely worth hitting up if you're in the area.

There are newer reviews for Cafe Cups

Reviewed September 9, 2012

Nice place for dinner we had prime rib, it was perfect. The service was great and the food was good. We came from California and were not disapointed. Very busy on a Thursday night. Travelers and locals

Reviewed September 7, 2012

When my Daughter came to visit me in Homer, AK I treated her to a great dinner at Cafe Cups. The decor is very special. Dave & Jen Olsen have developed and nurtured a dinner house in the hamlet of Homer, Alaska. My special dinner was the best rack of lamb I have ever had. On a regular basis Cafe Cups has a variety of dinner specials everyone's taste buds!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

While spending a few days in Homer during our vacation, we asked several locals where to dine. The first answer was always "Cups." Our B & B hostess made reservations for us (highly recommended) and upon arrival we were pleased by the unique, cute and artsy decor. The interior is small but very cozy.

The food was excellent and well prepared. My wife had the halibut & salmon special. I chose the rockfish & scallops. The salads were interesting and I tried the habenaro honey dressing, which is my new favorite salad dressing. Our main course presentation was beautiful and very delicious. The service was prompt and professional, and our creme brulee dessert was the perfect ending to a perfect meal.

If you are looking for a fun place with great ambiance and wonderfully delicious food, try Cafe Cups!

Reviewed August 25, 2012

A unique place in the center of town where the food is wonderful and the ambiance eclectic. Chef Dave really knows how to cook. Reservations are a must or the table wait can be long.

Been to Cafe Cups? Share your experiences!