“Spectacular”
Review of Alaskan Suites

Alaskan Suites
Ranked #3 of 30 Specialty Lodging in Homer
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We only spent 1 night here as I had worried about cramming 6 (4 adults and 2 teens) of us into one room, but the cabin was spacious and with the addition of a camping cot, we were good to go. We were fortunate to have absolutely beautiful weather during our time in Alaska and we couldn't pull ourselves away from the views from the back deck of the cabin. Eagles would soar up the bluff and over our heads. The slope at the edge was lovely with horse tails and lupine and the view of the water was just mesmerizing. We spent hours just relaxing, enjoying the views and sipping wine. The included breakfast was enjoyable with an opportunity to meet other travelers and share stories. We truly enjoyed our stay at the Alaskan Suites.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 4, 2013

We spent 2 nights at the suites with our friends June 28-29. We each rented a cabin. The view was amazing! The staff went out of their way to make us feel comfortable; plus gave us good tips on restaurants. The cabins were really nice - great layout, clean and comfortable. We will definitely stay there again if we go back to Homer.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We spent 3 nights out of our 2 week trip to Alaska in the Alaskan Suites. It was our favorite place to stay. The beds were comfortable, the place was clean and there was a nice spare bed as well. The view is amazing, and you can save money by utilizing the gas grill, microwave, refrigerator, etc., instead of going out to eat every day. The only slight complaint is the water did have a sulfur smell, but I heard that is typical for places in Homer. But I can't verify as the only place I stayed is the Alaskan Suites.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 12, 2013

The cabin was fantastic. The view is amazing. We were the only people there the first night we were there. The privacy was amazing. Winter took great care of us and had several recommendations for places to eat and see. I would recommend any one to stay there.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Homer is a beautiful town with lots of good food choices and art gallaries as well as many choices of places to stay. From hotels to Bed and breakfasts, and many little lodges and I've stayed at many of them and let me just say Alaskan Suites is a real treat. The location itself can not be beat as well as the charm and comfort of the cabins. I will stay there again and I have no problem recommending it to others.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I just cannot say enough about the Alaskan Suites!!
The individual (all log) cabins are so beautiful and cozy, like being in an alaskan wilderness setting without being miles away from the comforts of civilization. Your perched right on the bluff with a huge deck and hot tub and even a BBQ! Your view is so absolutely amazing- You look over Kachemak bay and the mountains surrounding it. I was born and raised in Alaska so I have seen some wonderful sights and I book with Alaskan Suites on my special occasions every year. My daughter and all of her friends book with Alaskan Suites as well.
Larry the proprietor makes you feel like your family every time! He goes above and beyond. I look forward to speaking with him whenever I book with Alasan Suites.
One last word, If your looking for the best view and the most privacy and a truley unforgettable Alaskan experience then you must consider The Alaskan Suites! You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: ALL cabins are perfect and all have a view -- you cannot lose.