“Best espresso in Homer”

Coal Town Coffee & Tea
Ranked #2 of 7 Coffee & Tea in Homer
Reviewed August 23, 2018

This go to place on the Homer spit makes delightful coffee and tea drinks (you can even buy their tea to go). Secret gem for chocolate chip cookies too! Check it out

Reviewed August 23, 2018

We made this place our stop every day we were on The Spit (a week). One of us is a huge coffee drinker
& since I’m a hot chocolate drinker this place was a win, win for us both. The girls were very friendly as we got to be called “regulars “ & they were always busy.
Tables to sit out & enjoy the scenery as well as your drink. Definitely need to stop in.

Reviewed August 18, 2018 via mobile

Organic and fair-trade!!I just have to mention this first because after loving this cute little place for 3 days and getting my daily fix, I discovered this. There isn't a sign sharing this piece of information and many people care about this, with me among them.

I had an Americano almost every time I dropped in because it was fabulous, one of the best I have ever had. I like strong, full bodied coffee with an earthy taste (learned to drink coffee in the cafes of Europe). I added shots to the larger sizes and always cut the water in half. You could almost say I drank watered down espressos!

I also loved the Zen chai, a lighter beverage in the afternoon to sip on, rather than my Intense Americano. It was full of flavorful spices and lightly sweetened.

It is tiny inside so there's no indoor seating and only a few treats to purchase but its all about the great coffee! I wish I could have stayed longer in Homer to try other beverages, including the hot chocolate which is, I'm sure, fabulous. The coffee was so good , however, that I just couldn't miss an opportunity to have one each time I was on the spit. In fact, I went out of my way to go the spit just to get this great coffee. I'll miss you Homer and Coal Town Coffee but I hope to be back in the future!

Reviewed August 11, 2018

Have been there several times and coffee is consistent. Service was fast and friendly. Small easy to get to when in a hurry.

Reviewed July 5, 2018

Great lattes that don’t sacrifice the coffee taste. We had maple lattes on three occasions while in Homer. Some of the best lattes we’ve ever had anywhere!

Been to Coal Town Coffee & Tea? Share your experiences!