“Great breakfast”

Ranked #7 of 78 Restaurants in Homer
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed June 26, 2014

We stopped here for breakfast. It was our first official meal in Alaska, and we couldn't have chosen better. Although the cost initially was a bit of a shock to our systems for breakfast, we quickly learned it was on par with the cost of eating out in Alaska in general. The food was fresh and delicious and the coffee was help-yourself and free! Breakfast was beautifully prepared, made with fresh, local ingredients and definitely worth it. And the staff couldn't have been nicer!

Reviewed June 25, 2014

Came here for a late breakfast over the weekend. Snagged the last indoor table. Had blueberry pancakes, bacon ,eggs, fruit & hashbrowns. Also had the breakfast sandwich. Portions are large and very fresh. Service was nice and the restaurant was very clean. We will be back for sure!

Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I have been eating here since they opened this summer and is out favorite place in Homer for breakfast. Every time I go to sea I treat myself to one of their awesome sandwiches. So fresh and tasty and you simply can't beat the friendly service.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

My husband and I were in Homer for a day trip to Soldovia and we were told that La Baleine Café had a fantastic breakfast. It was a definite hometown experience from the local fishermen to the other guests. Service was fast, friendly and excellent. The portions were ample and the food was just great. Highly recommend this place for breakfast!!

Reviewed June 13, 2014

This little outpost on the Homer Spit was a pleasant surprise for breakfast. The menu was interesting, the ingredients fresh, and the food was excellent. Service was very good as well, would recommend this place for breakfast for any traveller visiting Homer Alaska. Another plus is coffee is on the house, including refills, it is the small things that make a difference.

Been to La Baleine Cafe? Share your experiences!