“Great pizza and friendly staff!”

Starvin Marvin's Pizza
Ranked #44 of 77 Restaurants in Homer
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We had a wonderful dinner there. The pizza was delicious and the staff was very friendly and efficient.

There are newer reviews for Starvin Marvin's Pizza

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Worst experience ever. Ordered 2 large pizzas for pickup in 40 mins. 1 hour later it was finally ready. Surprise!. Wrong pizzas! After waiting another hour, we still got home and they had split the pizza ingredients in half. Upon opening the box they looked like the right pizzas, Wrong!!! and charged $50! when it should have cost $44. No refunds except an offer for a small pizza. Gift Certificate.
No manager on duty and no Supervisor available either.

Never again. We will never tell our guests to go there.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

I live in Anchorage, but every time we go to Homer, we would stop here. It's been that way for years. This past weekend I had been telling my friends what an awesome place this was & how we had to stop when we got to Homer. My experience this time was APPALLING! Chad, the manager, told the couple in front of us to leave. There was not an I'm sorry we are too busy at the moment to serve you. You can wait or come back. He stated firmly they weren't taking anyone else, that was about 6 pm. I asked if we could do take out & was told it would be 1.5 hours. We went to find our RV park to get delivery. I called after 7 pm to have the phone picked up & hung up on. I called back & Chad said they were closed and hung up. I have NEVER had such RUDE service there!!! I doubt I will ever go back now & I know I won't recommend it again.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Heard great things about how good the service and pizza is. But not so... a family walked in before us and they were greeted by a guy walking to the dining area just saying - you have to leave we aren't serving anyone. We kinda all looked at each other in awe...a few minutes later the guy came back he informed us that they weren't seating anyone. We asked how about take out would be an hour & 1/2 wait at least for take out. My friend asked if the owner was around and he said he was the owner's son.

When we walked in there was a lady leaving with a delivery bag..so we though cool they are working on delivery orders and it was only 6pm. We were still willing to give them a try and since was an hour and half for take out, we would be settled for the night and could wait for the food. So we went to our camp spot for the night and called for delivery. First dial attempt they picked up the phone and hung it right up. Second dial attempt they picked up the phone and said we are closed and hung up. It was still not even 7pm.

1  Thank Way_Up_In_AK
Reviewed April 6, 2013

The service is good. The owners are friendly and fun, and the restaurant is located at the beginning of the Spit (the Spit is a small stretch of land in the middle of the ocean in Kachemak Bay).