“Great breakfasts!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Duncan House Diner
Ranked #12 of 73 Restaurants in Homer
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Diner
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Missouri
“Great breakfasts!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

We stopped there for breakfast and found very good food for an excellent price considering it is AK. Fast, friendly service. We had the french toast which was good and the eggs, biscuit with reindeer sausage. Good coffee and nice friendly comfortable atmosphere.

Visited August 2013

Dubuque, Iowa
“Good Food, Homey Atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

A good breakfast with a reasonable price point. We ate here on Monday afternoon and the only thing I wasn't too excited about was the wait. We were part of a large party, but waited almost 70 minutes to be seated. I wouldn't have minded, but in the end we were seated at two booths that weren't even close to each other, so we could/should have been seated right away. Our group was pretty mellow and we enjoyed ourselves sitting on the benches outside the door while we waited. I suppose if we had raised a bit of a stink we would have had more prompt service.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Anchorage, Alaska
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent breakfast spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

The Duncan House was an excellent breakfast experience! The atmosphere was homey, with old tins and other memorabilia on the walls, mismatched logo coffee mugs, and comfortable booths and chairs. There was a good selection of traditional diner food on the menu as well as healthier options. The coffee wasn't spectacular, but it was decent, and our cups were kept full throughout our meal. I ordered the homestyle oatmeal - easily the best oatmeal I've ever had at a restaurant! It came with a generous amount of fresh blueberries, dried cranberries, and walnuts mixed in, and with a pitcher of milk and a container of brown sugar served on the side. Since I don't like my oatmeal swimming in milk or over-sweetened, I thought that was a nice touch. The portion was large enough that it kept me full for a long morning of fishing, and I couldn't even eat the side of toast. My dad had eggs, sausage, and hash browns and loved it. Again, he couldn't even finish his portion, and everything was very well cooked. There were tons of locals in the place, and it filled up shortly after we arrived at opening.

Chicago, Illinois
“Great breakfast place in town.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

Very good place for breakfast. Located in the old town section and begins serving at 7:00 am. The food was simple and uncomplicated. Try it - you will like it.

Visited August 2013
“Delicious!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Food is delicious and very affordable. Lots of selection and breakfast available all day. It is nice to see an owner take interest on a day to day basis and meet all of his customers.

• 4 of 5 bubbles

Been to Duncan House Diner? Share your experiences!