“Excellent breakfast spot”

Anchorage, Alaska
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent breakfast spot”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

The Duncan House was an excellent breakfast experience! The atmosphere was homey, with old tins and other memorabilia on the walls, mismatched logo coffee mugs, and comfortable booths and chairs. There was a good selection of traditional diner food on the menu as well as healthier options. The coffee wasn't spectacular, but it was decent, and our cups were kept full throughout our meal. I ordered the homestyle oatmeal - easily the best oatmeal I've ever had at a restaurant! It came with a generous amount of fresh blueberries, dried cranberries, and walnuts mixed in, and with a pitcher of milk and a container of brown sugar served on the side. Since I don't like my oatmeal swimming in milk or over-sweetened, I thought that was a nice touch. The portion was large enough that it kept me full for a long morning of fishing, and I couldn't even eat the side of toast. My dad had eggs, sausage, and hash browns and loved it. Again, he couldn't even finish his portion, and everything was very well cooked. There were tons of locals in the place, and it filled up shortly after we arrived at opening.

• Visited August 2013

Chicago, Illinois
“Great breakfast place in town.”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Very good place for breakfast. Located in the old town section and begins serving at 7:00 am. The food was simple and uncomplicated. Try it - you will like it.

Visited August 2013
“Delicious!”
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Food is delicious and very affordable. Lots of selection and breakfast available all day. It is nice to see an owner take interest on a day to day basis and meet all of his customers.

• Visited August 2013
Trent River, On , Canada
“GREAT BREAKFAST”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We heard about Homer through friends & decided if we were anywhere close to this town we would go for a visit. When we were trying to find our accommodation we passed many restaurants so when it came time for breakfast my husband remembered this little place called Duncan House Diner. We were not disappointed, our breakfast was GREAT. If we were ever back in this area we would go for a meal. The waitress was very friendly & helpful. Its always nice to go into a place first thing in the morning & you receive a friendly welcome & the coffee is always right at the table before you are seated. Highly recommend this place for breakfast.

• Visited July 2013
“Descent Breakfast”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Its solid diner breakfast food. But don't expect a 5 star restaurant or anything. Great breakfasts, I especially like their burritos. It is not, in my opinion, the best place to get breakfast in Homer. But I do go there at least once a year with my family when in town visiting my parents.

• Visited December 2012