“Hidden treasure”

Duncan House Diner
Ranked #13 of 73 Restaurants in Homer
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Diner
Good for: Kids, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Anchor Point, Alaska
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hidden treasure”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

Yummmmm! Lived here in Homer for a couple of years...HOW did I miss this great little place. Fresh mushrooms in my scramble...nice surprise. This will be a new 'regular' for us.

• Visited July 2013

Boulder, Colorado
“Good breakfast joint”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

Very unpretentious restaurant with a very good breakfast. Like everywhere in Alaska, the coffee was great, and I enjoyed the reindeer sausage. My son had the oatmeal which was very good. Attentive and polite staff, fast service and good value all around.

• Visited June 2013
Homer, Alaska
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So Frickin Good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

The Best Diner I Have Ever Eat-tin At. The Service is The Best Se3rvice you Will Ever Have on your life. everything is cooked Properly and taste good. Very good Environment. Family Friendly. One Of the best place in Town

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Shelbenator
St George, Utah
“Halibut Capital of the World!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

My Wife grew up here and we visited several times in our twenty-three years of marriage, yes it ended.

On a positive side I love Homer Alaska. The Homer Spit with all it's shops and fishing vessels and the beach full of wonderful experiences, don't miss out!

Most places in the world offer (Cod) fish and chips...that is unheard of in Homer, Strictly, HALIBUT fish and chips! You will love your trip here. Get a fishing charter - amazing experience.

Back to The Duncan Restaurant... You park and walk inside - just look around at the different pics. Notice the bathroom signs - I won't spoil it for you - pretty unique.

A family atmosphere as is with most of Homer businesses.

The signs and pics and antiques throughout the restaurant tell a great history of tales and facts.

The food is consistently good -above the norm for a small seasonal town. This place has changed owners a couple of times. but not due to lack of business, just people tend to retire occasssionaly or decide to get out of the cold as I did when I sold my Alaska restaurant.

You'll absolutely adore your time in Homer.

• Visited July 2012
“Hmmm”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

Have eaten here a few times, been sick once after ordering and eating a portion of a sandwich that tasted funny, my fault should have stopped while I was ahead! I'm not much of a breakfast eater but had a couple times and it was ok. This place is not on the top of my food chain in Homer, but my husband likes to eat there on occasion, I'm forced to go then as well.

Service is very slow and I don't know why the waitresses can't take the orders, always have a mustached man take it, which seems to slow the process to a crawl.

Nobody seems to be happy and friendly, not sure why.....

• Visited April 2013

Been to Duncan House Diner? Share your experiences!