“The perfect joint to bring a bit of sun in a misty town.”
Review of Cosmic Kitchen

Cosmic Kitchen
Ranked #8 of 77 Restaurants in Homer
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Casual quick service, Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner, Eat In or Take Out, Smoothies, Milkshakes, Fresh Juices, Beer & Wine, Family Friendly
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Not only this place is lively and cheerful but the food is A league.

The kitchen is open on the room so you can see that burgers and patties are homemade (buffalo burger and salmon pattie are fab ! ), the vegetables cut fresh and whole stuff kept clean.

Even If I've havent tried then, the locals favorite seem to be the burritos (judging by the number of them being ordered) and gosh, they're big and the cheesiest !

The staff is nice, the view is nice, the food is awesome. It's a perfect combo !

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Great spot! Vast menu and a beautiful view! I visited the kitchen last month on my vacation in Alaska. I was able to sit outside on the porch, eat my taco and soak in the beautiful mountain scenery. The food was tasty, the staff were busy, but helpful. I really enjoyed the "local feel" of the atmosphere!

Reviewed August 6, 2013

This was my favorite restaurant I ate at in Homer on my recent trip. I liked their wide selections and the food was good.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Delicious tacos! We came here for an early dinner, thankfully. Heads up that they close at 7pm. Kids had quesadillas and bean & cheese burritos which the embraced after many meals of Alaskan fish! Locals beers on tap too.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

I walked up to the counter to order and the guy standing there just looked at me. No greeting whatsoever! I ordered a halibut burrito and when he said, "Is that it?" I smiled and said "Aren't you going to ask me which one I want?" He thought I ordered a halibut burger. I told him I wanted a wasabi halibut burrito. The guy tells me that's a dinner. During this entire interaction, he keeps walking away from me. I couldn't believe it! I'm the only customer in the place and rather than tell me what type of halibut burritos they have, he gives me a menu. Unwittingly, I opened it to the breakfast section. Before I had a chance to look for burritos, this guy says "You want breakfast?" I said, "No. I want a burrito." The guy was so rude and kept walking away ignoring me, I finally said, "That's okay. I'll go home and eat." I walked out to my car. But then I thought "the owner deserves to know about this". I walk back inside and I ask the guy his name. He tells me his name is Shaun. I told him I thought he was rude and told him customer service matters. Then the shocker...Shaun informs me he is the owner and tells me he has been here for 10 years and doesn't need me. What? Shaun doesn't need customers. Well, rather than let him ruin my afternoon, I headed to Fat Olives which, by the way, was hopping with unnecessary customers and I had a terrific meal! Needless to say, I won't be going back to the Cosmic Kitchen.

1  Thank Roosterbluelips

Been to Cosmic Kitchen? Share your experiences!