“My favorite in Homer”

Ranked #8 of 77 Restaurants in Homer
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Casual quick service
Reviewed August 6, 2013

This was my favorite restaurant I ate at in Homer on my recent trip. I liked their wide selections and the food was good.

There are newer reviews for Cosmic Kitchen

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Delicious tacos! We came here for an early dinner, thankfully. Heads up that they close at 7pm. Kids had quesadillas and bean & cheese burritos which the embraced after many meals of Alaskan fish! Locals beers on tap too.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

I walked up to the counter to order and the guy standing there just looked at me. No greeting whatsoever! I ordered a halibut burrito and when he said, "Is that it?" I smiled and said "Aren't you going to ask me which one I want?" He thought I ordered a halibut burger. I told him I wanted a wasabi halibut burrito. The guy tells me that's a dinner. During this entire interaction, he keeps walking away from me. I couldn't believe it! I'm the only customer in the place and rather than tell me what type of halibut burritos they have, he gives me a menu. Unwittingly, I opened it to the breakfast section. Before I had a chance to look for burritos, this guy says "You want breakfast?" I said, "No. I want a burrito." The guy was so rude and kept walking away ignoring me, I finally said, "That's okay. I'll go home and eat." I walked out to my car. But then I thought "the owner deserves to know about this". I walk back inside and I ask the guy his name. He tells me his name is Shaun. I told him I thought he was rude and told him customer service matters. Then the shocker...Shaun informs me he is the owner and tells me he has been here for 10 years and doesn't need me. What? Shaun doesn't need customers. Well, rather than let him ruin my afternoon, I headed to Fat Olives which, by the way, was hopping with unnecessary customers and I had a terrific meal! Needless to say, I won't be going back to the Cosmic Kitchen.

1  Thank Roosterbluelips
Reviewed July 28, 2013

The portions were generous, the food was fresh, and there were lots of vegetarian options! A great find!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

The sign caught our interest, breakfast, lunch and Mexican. Had we known the size of the burritos or chimis, we would have split one. The thing was huge! But very good. The menu variety is very good from burritos, burgers, and special dinners. Local ingredients are also used as halibut tacos and sandwiches. Prices were reasonable for the area and beer and wine are available. Umm, umm

Been to Cosmic Kitchen? Share your experiences!