“This is best. Period!”

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“This is best. Period!”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

When looking for a good boat to go out on please consider the following:
*Boat Safety Rating (5 star Coast Guard rating)
*Captain experience (one of the best--extremely knoweledgable and friendly!)
*Number of people of fishing (don't go out on anything larger than a 6 pack boat)
*Availability of people to help you book the trip. (Excellent response from these folks)
*Sense of humor of the Captain! (what can I say---Make 'er hapin' Capn'!!)

Captain B's is the tops in all these. The boat is in perfect shape and is well maintained. The crew is great and captain is incredible.

My trip was with my father and my brother and it was the trip of a lifetime and Captain B's made it just that.

If you want to just go out and catch small fish then maybe look somewhere else, but if you want to go out, have a ball and really catch fish--then go with Captain B's!

Oh yes, and they will help with all the small details as well: Fishing license, lodging, other things to do. You just can not beat the service here.

Visited September 2012

Sainte Genevieve, MO
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Excellent Fishing Experience”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

While planning a halibut fishing trip to Homer, choosing a charter seemed overwhelming. There are so many to pick from. But I don't think we could have fished with a more experienced captain. My family of five thoroughly enjoyed our experience on the Ashtikan. If you listen to Captain Brian and follow his instructions, you will catch fish. We all caught our limit of rock fish and halibut each day. The boat was very clean and well-maintained, and we always felt safe. David, the deckhand, took very good care of us. Both David and Captain Brian have a wonderful sense of humor and made the trip one we will never forget! We plan on going back someday, and planning the next trip will be much easier since we already know who we will be fishing with. Money well spent!

Visited June 2012
Alaska
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“This is Fishing!!!”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

There is nothing better than Capt Byran, we wont fish with anyone else. Bryan WANTS you to catch your limit, listen to him and you'll limit every time. Awesome boat- 44ft and he only takes 6 people at a time no overcrowding here. Clean boat! always has a great deck hand. We just can't say enough about Bryan he's the best. We've fished with him several times. This is a trip of a lifetime make it the best with Bryan

Visited August 2012
Virginia Beach, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Captain B aka Brian Bondioli on the ASHTICAN”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Let me say I am a captain of my own vessel and I fish often, Bryan is FISHING ALASKA, awesome fun, awesome time, great crew with David as first mate. I used others however Bryan is 5 levels above everyone else. If you use any one else your making a mistake listen to him and you will have your fishing trip of a LIFETIME. Let me say I do not write reviews but this guy is top notch, please tip them as they work very hard and worth every cent. Great guy to converse with also if you want to know about Alaska very knowledgeable on topics of Alaska and fishing. If you go fishing use Bryan you WILL NOT regret your choice and you will be glad you read this review. Personally I will never use anyone else again, he did it all made it happen and has a very spacious and comfortable boat. Simply put he is the BEST if I could rate him a ten I would

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Anthony E
Oakdale, Minnesota
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“First fishing experience”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

This was my first fishing trip in Alaska. We had scheduled a long range halibut. The water was rough. Many other charters had cancelled. Captain Bryan took us on a shorter trip and made sure we caught our limit of fish. He also reimbursed us the difference between the long range and regular trip. Friendly captain and crew. Nice clean boat.

Visited July 2012