“You can do much better!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Homer
Homer Floatplane Lodge
Ranked #13 of 30 Specialty Lodging in Homer
Reviewed September 30, 2010

This place is clean and centrally located, but that's it. The rooms appear from the outside as quaint but the interior is awful. They're tiny and in contrast to the main lodge the decor is nothing short of embarrassing. The walls were decorated in cheap posters contained in cheap frames circa 1980's. The TV was something you only find in thrift stores and about 12 inches wide (at least in was in color). Because the room was so small the TV is hooked up in the corner like in a hospital at a difficult to watch angle.
No bathtub only a tiny shower with a cheap spray head. Cheap and old were the two things to count on.

And of course, the sound of planes taking off every morning a few yards from your head made it impossible to sleep in. Also, the deck that wrapped around the cabins were extremely thin and the sound of peoples foot prints were so loud it shook the interior walls of your room (throw in a few kids running back and forth and it's enough to make you say "forget it! that's it! I can't take it anymore!!!) The saving grace was a hot tub and while located directly next to the parking lot, it did have a nice view of the lake.

I'm very grateful for Tripadvisor and I've been pleased with almost all of our online purchases. Granted some were better than others but still overall very pleasant. We don't consider ourselves very picky people, but this was truly a lemon. My advise is to spend a little more money and stay somewhere nice. If you're on a budget, even the Beluga Inn across the way is a better value. Homer is a lovely place to visit don't ruin it by staying here. Good luck and happy trails!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alaskanurse1

Reviewed September 27, 2010

Our customer appreciation event takes us each year to Homer, AK for fishing and sight seeing. We have stayed in almost all of the larger lodges and B&B's around Homer and we've finally found the one that we will return to for all future trips.
The owners, Craig and Sara, are the pentulitmate hosts and are very knowledgeable about what to do and see in the area. We always spend 3 - 4 days deep sea fishing and then add a day of sight seeing as well. Both Craig and Sara are certified float plane pilots and skilled guides. We took a bear viewing trip to some of the most remote areas I've ever seen. The whole trip, from the float plane ride to seeing Alaska bears up close and personal, was quite a thrill.
Homer Float Plane Lodge should be on everyone's itinerary when planning a trip to the Kenai Peninsula. You will be happy you did.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 7, 2010

I checked in and was amazed to find a quiet log room that even had a handmade quilt on the bed. Also, there were modern day ammenities to make my stay very comfortable such as a; minifridge, coffee pot, wifi and cable tv. My room even came stocked with complimentary gormet coffee and popcorn. Also, if you are looking for a lodge that is environmentally friendly I would choose this one. In my room I found organic soap and shampoo that was also made locally. I have stayed at Homer multiple times on the spit and also up on East End road, however, I would definitely stay at Homer Float Plane lodge again.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed July 18, 2010

Since I was heading on a bear viewing trip, the Lodge was a convenient location to stay on Beluga Lake where some of the planes leave. Once I arrived, I took a quick look at the room to confirm it was acceptable for a two night stay, and it seemed fine. The room is not large, the bathroom is exceptionally small and there was no air conditioning. Fortunately it was still Spring so I only need the radiator for part of the night and not the air. The room was clean and the property well maintained. It's clear that the owners take pride in their cabins. However, I did hear other guests through the walls, so privacy is not perfect.

I can say the bear trip was enjoyable, but the lodging was only a place to sleep and not that important to me. However, it was an acceptable location for a short stay in Homer.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed September 5, 2009

Desperately seeking for a place to stay on a very rainy night, we ended in this place.
We got a very warm welcome from Charlie which made us feel immediately at home; we got great tips about where to go, what to see and what to eat.
If you want you can relax in the sauna and the hot -tube, and do a jump in the icy waters of the lake.
It is a place that we would, with no doubt, recommend. Charlie is very generous and helpfull.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 9, 2008

I had a great time with a group of 4 at the Lodge recently fishing 3 days for Halibut. Captain John & "Hammer" really knew how to find the fish, and we landed our limits. The staff at the lodge prepared great food, and good times for our group and was accomodating to our wants/needs. The fish they arranged to ship home arrived the next day as planned and was well packed, and pefectly frozen. The scenery is awesome around the lodge and going out from the harbor was really beautiful.

I will definitely go back with my friends next trip and can recommend the facility with confidence to anyone wanting to visit Homer.

Thanks FloatPlane Lodge team!
Charlie "Codzilla" from Phoenix, AZ

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed March 25, 2008

From the food to the fishing to the overall hospitality, Charlie and the rest of the staff go out of their way to make sure you enjoy your time in Homer.

If you're considering a stop in Homer, you should give them a call.

Stayed: August 2007