“Just another hotel!”

Heritage Hotel Lodge
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Homer
Heritage Hotel Lodge
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Homer
Reviewed July 28, 2011

The Heritage Hotel is just another place to stay...nothing special. Ask for a room in the newer section...they may want to charge you more, but stand your ground. The rooms are comfrotable for the area. They aqre nothing special, but a clean bed to sleep in. Their rates are probably the best around for the accomodations. You can do better fi you want to spend more.

Room Tip: Newer section is better.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 11, 2010

My mom and I stayed here one night at the end of May 2010. We really enjoyed it. There was a diesel leak in my place in Seward, so we had to find a place to stay, on the cheap, as it was an unexpected expense to find a hotel room under the circumstances, in the summer season. My mom was going on the ferry to Kodiak the next day, and we're glad we stumbled on this hotel. I stopped by the Best Western and they wanted something like $219 or $269 for the night. I picked up a Homer brochure and called around. The Ocean Shores wanted $99. The Pioneer Inn wanted $89. Being summer season, I called the Heritage Hotel, which my stepdad recommended, and I thought they quoted me $79. We asked to see the room, liked it, and when we said we'd take it, he said, $71.06. Bonus! The front desk gentlemen were very nice. I really liked the place. It's a little off, maybe a little quirky? But I like that. I either like a nice hotel with nice amenities, or something for a good price, that's a little different. It's a historical building and they have a glass display case showing a log book or something of when the hotel first opened. There is a shared kitchen, with a full size frig and stove, cupboards, with a door outside with views of the ocean. Our room was upstairs with a slight view of the ocean. There were two beds. A twin and a double. There was a rather small, old TV. It seemed like I liked the lamp shade and homemade curtains on the window. Something different and a nice touch. Everything worked and was adequate. No breakfast. But what I liked was that there were coffee cups with to-go lids in the lobby. Good to reduce spillage when you're driving. All in all an enjoyable experience. Oh yeah, good location, too, being on Pioneer Ave. right next to Alices.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank wanderlustak
Reviewed July 31, 2009

Location is quite convenient being in the middle of town. Don't expect any views from your room. During our stay they offered one of the best prices compared to other hotels. Even though they use the term Lodge, it's a hotel. The rooms are not elaborate, but they were clean with a nice TV. Nice comfortable lobby. The receptionist made the stay worth it. Excellent customer service. She advised us on the good and not so good restaurants. She's a Homer local and knows the town well. Very helpful.

• Stayed: July 2009
Reviewed August 4, 2008

Our stay was very disappointing. To start the hotel was not exactly what you would expect for a $140 a night location. The bathroom was clean..ish though it was not that nice. The beds were not comfortable.
The biggest problem by far with this hotel is the paper thin walls. Every conversation, every sneeze, and every snore that occurs in neighboring rooms can be heard in yours and vice versa. Do not stay here if you would like a good night of sleep..

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank chesna00
Reviewed July 8, 2008

This hotel was definately below par. It is not what I expected at all. The first thing I said when we walked into the room was "It smells like the 70's." It was clear that the room had at one time been smoking, although it wasn't any longer. Also, there were no black out curtains in our room. (I did see what looked like blackouts in the windows of other rooms). It was decently clean but I will not stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank OSU9s
Reviewed June 19, 2007

The Heritage is a basic but clean hotel, well located for several nearby restaurants and as a base for the area. The town of Homer is very spread out with two distinct areas; the "downtown" area and The Spit. From the Heritage, it is a five minute drive to The Spit but you are best located here in the downtown area where the better restaurants can be found and there is less of a gimmicky touristy feel.

Compared to other hotels we have stayed at in the USA, the Heritage is very basic and dated. After several days in Alaska, we realised that we should stop comparing the wonderful state with the lower 48. Things just generally are more basic and you pay more for what you get. Therefore, we were pleased overall with the hotel here as I think this is probably one of the best in Homer.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 19, 2006

Cozy little hotel/lodge in the middle of downtown Homer. Cafe next door serves an amazing omelette. The hotel is a little dated and showing some wear(original building is from the 1940's), but everything was clean and our room had a nice new TV. I agree with a previous reviewer about the great lobby coffee! The sign said the mochas were a dollar but we were never charged. The Heritage is pet-friendly, so we were able to bring my boyfriend's big yellow lab into the room for an extra $10 fee. The kitchen area had snack and soda vending machines, plus a coin-operated washer and dryer. The only real negative aspect about this place is the super-thin walls. We heard EVERYTHING going on in the room and bathroom next to us, not to mention the hallway. Be sure to bring some earplugs for uninterrupted sleep.

• Stayed: March 2006