All reviewsrv parkcaptain shaneeuropean stylewithin walking distancebishop's beachliving roomshared bathroomfishing chartercommon areasfat olivesgreat viewkachemak baysmall roomplace to stayhalibutdouble bedmain building
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Our daughter and her family sampled three RV parks "for fun." They spent one night on the spit, and loved that experience, and one night at another RV park, then moved to the Driftwood because we were staying in a cottage on Jenny Lane within walking distance. They said the staff was so helpful, the RV park overlooked the beach, it's a gravel park but a small one, and has all the hookups. And it is within walking distance of many great cafes and restaurants.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Traveled with 2 other couples and we stayed in the Driftwood Inn that faces the Inlet. The building has just 5 rooms and everyone there shares a common room and kitchen/eating area with a patio. The view is incredible. The whole building is very updated and beautifully decorated. Fixings for coffee are there and access to a frig, microwave, gas grill, etc. The front desk staff across the road are great...very helpful with information. We needed help with the gas grill and they were great. You can walk into town and to restaurants. Walking on the beach and watching the tide come in from the patio are the only activities you really need. Free wifi worked well.

Room Tip: Pick rooms in the building facing the water, I think it's called the Bluffview. One room has a balcony on the water. The others have water views.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 11, 2013

It's not much more than a gravel parking lot but the view makes up for that. All the waterfront spaces face the water and the mountains/glaciers and are back-in so you're sure to see everything. The staff is kind and helpful. We had a problem with the cable TV but Pat came right out and fixed it so we get lots of channels clearly. The internet is a strong connection, which isn't always the case in places that advertise "free internet".

Room Tip: I didn't see any of the rooms but the property seems very clean.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Pat P
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I had a great stay in early July at the Driftwood Inn, and I was genuinely sad to leave. The front desk staff was super helpful and friendly. I had a great view from room 10 and I slept very well in comfy bed. Never had to wait for shared bathrooms! Added bonus: Maura's Cafe across the street served me two of my best meals during my entire 10 days in AK. Fantastic! Did not make it to Mermaid Cafe just up the street but also heard that they are the best restaurant in town.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Kathryn P
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Great ambiance. Clean rooms. Great View. Nothing Fancy, but lots of fun. Would come back for sure. It is within walking distance of down town. You have access to a fridge to store food or beer.The rooms are a little small, but we were really active and didn't spend much time hanging around the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple