All reviewsrv parkcaptain shaneeuropean stylewithin walking distancebishop's beachliving roomshared bathroomfishing chartercommon areasfat olivesgreat viewkachemak baysmall roomplace to stayhalibutdouble bedmain building
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I had a great stay in early July at the Driftwood Inn, and I was genuinely sad to leave. The front desk staff was super helpful and friendly. I had a great view from room 10 and I slept very well in comfy bed. Never had to wait for shared bathrooms! Added bonus: Maura's Cafe across the street served me two of my best meals during my entire 10 days in AK. Fantastic! Did not make it to Mermaid Cafe just up the street but also heard that they are the best restaurant in town.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Kathryn P
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Great ambiance. Clean rooms. Great View. Nothing Fancy, but lots of fun. Would come back for sure. It is within walking distance of down town. You have access to a fridge to store food or beer.The rooms are a little small, but we were really active and didn't spend much time hanging around the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Womderful view across katchmak bay and the volcanos, glaciers and mountain beyond. We stayed room 20. Lots of space and well appointed with eclectic furniture. Short walk to the beach and very nice restaurant across street.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Spent two nights here at the Inn, July 1 and 2, 2013. I like vintage and quaint. I got it. Rooms in the Inn are small but clean and quaint. Loved it. They have other larger rooms but cost was an issue for us. Staff are very helpful. I would recommend it in a heart beat.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Cute on the outside, but I was a little concerned when I walked down the narrow stairs and Hal's which looked like they were made of particle board. That said, the value was good, especially for Alaska, where hotels are by expensive. The bed was comfortable, but only a full size, and one bed in my room. The staff could not have been friendlier. There is a restaurant( steakhouse) across the street, which I did not patronize, but I would go back.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo