“depends on what you like”

Norman Lowell Studio & Gallery
Ranked #7 of 54 things to do in Homer
Reviewed August 20, 2010

Before making the drive to this gallery, you may like to google the artist to have an idea of his style of painting. While the collection is large and well presented, it is not the type of work that interests me. I wish I had checked his style out before making the drive.

1  Thank jenniferjr
There are newer reviews for Norman Lowell Studio & Gallery

Reviewed July 20, 2010

A must stop for any travelers on the Kenai Peninsula. Very near Anchor Point, watch for the "Gallery" signs along the highway.

Reviewed August 21, 2009

Although we were hesitant to stop when someone recommended the Lowell Gallery, we were pleasantly surprised. For a few moments you are taken to a beautiful gallery that could be in any major city. Then the emotions and artistry of Norman Lowell takes over and moves you to the real beauty of his work. Being able to talk to him and personnally thank him for sharing his work at the end of our visit was an extra special touch.

2  Thank mtgolf
Reviewed October 10, 2008

This Gallery is so inspiring. This is a must see. Mr. Lowell is so friendly and we only could imagine how he was able to paint the masterpieces that he had. All I can say is you have to see it to believe it. He has a special talent.

Reviewed May 28, 2008

My children and I took time this weekend to visit Norman Lowell's gallery just outside of Anchor Point on the way to Homer. My husband and a friend were Halibut fishing and so many friends that know Norman have said it was a must see. We live in Anchorage for two years now and I am sorry that I had not gone sooner. Never in my life did I expect to be so moved by a piece of art. I was near tears viewing some of his work. The paintings are awe inspiring and breathtaking. They will stop you in your tracks as you round the corner to the next room. I think the one thing that can help attest to the magnificence of his work is that it kept two boys 12 and 17 wanting more and asking Norman questions. Norman and Libby work the gallery and are more than happy to talk with you. Libby has a beautiful flower garden and has fresh cut flowers in the gallery. If you make one stop on your visit to Alaska it has to be Norman Lowell's gallery.

1  Thank akgal06