“Outstanding Gallery of beautiful works”

Norman Lowell Studio & Gallery
Ranked #7 of 53 things to do in Homer
Reviewed July 20, 2010

A must stop for any travelers on the Kenai Peninsula. Very near Anchor Point, watch for the "Gallery" signs along the highway.

Reviewed August 21, 2009

Although we were hesitant to stop when someone recommended the Lowell Gallery, we were pleasantly surprised. For a few moments you are taken to a beautiful gallery that could be in any major city. Then the emotions and artistry of Norman Lowell takes over and moves you to the real beauty of his work. Being able to talk to him and personnally thank him for sharing his work at the end of our visit was an extra special touch.

2  Thank mtgolf
Reviewed October 10, 2008

This Gallery is so inspiring. This is a must see. Mr. Lowell is so friendly and we only could imagine how he was able to paint the masterpieces that he had. All I can say is you have to see it to believe it. He has a special talent.

Reviewed May 28, 2008

My children and I took time this weekend to visit Norman Lowell's gallery just outside of Anchor Point on the way to Homer. My husband and a friend were Halibut fishing and so many friends that know Norman have said it was a must see. We live in Anchorage for two years now and I am sorry that I had not gone sooner. Never in my life did I expect to be so moved by a piece of art. I was near tears viewing some of his work. The paintings are awe inspiring and breathtaking. They will stop you in your tracks as you round the corner to the next room. I think the one thing that can help attest to the magnificence of his work is that it kept two boys 12 and 17 wanting more and asking Norman questions. Norman and Libby work the gallery and are more than happy to talk with you. Libby has a beautiful flower garden and has fresh cut flowers in the gallery. If you make one stop on your visit to Alaska it has to be Norman Lowell's gallery.

1  Thank akgal06
Reviewed May 25, 2008

My fiancee and I were so glad we took the time to visit this beautiful museum and art gallery. The art work is breath taking and is displayed as exquisitely as any large gallery we have ever seen. Beautiful music is playing and Norman and Libbey Lowell themselves usually are wandering around the gallery to visit with you and talk about the works. You must take the time to walk up the path to tour their small homestead cabin. What an adventure their life must have been as homesteaders in the wilderness of Alaska. And he has captured that magnificance in his artwork. Outstanding!

Dr. Ann Weiss