“Stayed in the under house hostel, recommended for backpackers. ”
Review of Seaside Farm

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Homer
Seaside Farm
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Homer
Midland, Texas
“Stayed in the under house hostel, recommended for backpackers. ”
Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

Really not a bad place. The beds are kinda old but we all had sleeping bags and were only crashing for the night. Shower was hot and bathroom was adequate. We were lucky enough to find this place at the last minute since our Homer leg was unplanned.

For those that are unfamiliar, the bunk house is under the main house through an outside entrance on the east side.

It's nothing special but met all our needs, hence the three stars (adequate). I would stay here again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Justin M

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We stayed in the main house for three nights in September, 2013. It was absolutely perfect, my only wish was more time both in Homer, and also to just take in Mossy's amazing farm. We felt very welcomed and cared for by Mossy and Kandace. I hope our needs were modest, but I definitely felt as if Mossy especially wanted to make sure that we had what we needed to make memories. The room was great (upstairs) and the bathroom and kitchen were very clean. I'm more than a bit surprised at the pettiness of some of the other reviews - this place is GREAT.

Yes, you can bring your food labeled and cook - wonderful!
Yes, shoes go off at the porch - isn't everyone raised this way?
Yes, it is a farm - delightful with fresh produce, berries and eggs for your pleasure.
Yes, the views are spectalular
Yes, Mossy is AWESOME :-)

Room Tip: Go and let yourself become "Alaskan" for a while - you may not want to leave!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thirsk, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We stayed in Seashell Cabin for 3 nights in late August. This rustic cabin probably has the best views on the site. It is very private with a super efficient wood stove, and it was hard to tear ourselves away from gazing over to the Kachemak Bay mountains from the deck and listening to the trumpeting sandhill cranes on the beach below. A magical place, with a real 'nurturing' sense about it, made even more special by Mossy and her very friendly and helpful staff. A fantastic environment to just 'be'.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
London
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I stayed one night in a cabin and one night in the main house.
Hideaway Cabin: This is a lovely little place with big windows looking out on to really lovely views. It is close to the beach and very secluded. It was clean and cosy. The bed was comfy and there were some nice decorative touches in the room. I could have had a woodfire, but it was warm enough. An eyemask is very useful as you cannot block out the midsummer light. The cabin has a small outhouse, which was sufficiently clean. It was explained to me that normally I would be able to use the shower and the facilities in the main house, but on this occasion there was a private youth rental using the house so I could not. I was invited to use the hostel facilities. I did use the kitchen, which was not hugely clean, but did not fancy the showers at all. The indoor toilet was out of order and did not smell nice. I did get to use the facilities in the main house after the youth party had left, and these were better than in the hostel.
Room in the main house: The room in the main house was not nearly as nice as the cabin. There was a very dated theme with a strange sheet on the ceiling, that was perhaps meant to look like clouds, but instead looked like a rather stained sheet. The bed was comfortable and the linens clean. The room had a double bed and a bunkbed. The bathroom was not very clean (although not nasty), and did not show any signs of being cleaned while I was there. I discussed this with one member of staff. The kitchen was reasonably clean and there was a comfortable shared lounge.
The young staff I interacted with during my trip were very nice and the owner was helpful. The small farm is interesting and it is nice to see the animals and be able to go down to the beach.
Be aware that if you are without a car, the farm is well out of town. I became quite fit doing the 5 mile walk, although was kindly offered a lift for part of the way on one occasion.
Whilst I understand that this is a working farm, with busy staff, it would be useful if the facilities in the main house could match the rustic décor and cleanliness of the cabin I stayed in. With a bit more detailed regular cleaning, this would much improve the main house. I enjoyed my stay, but came away with mixed feelings.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank NorthWestLondoner
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed July 20, 2013

This review is specific to the bunk house only. I did not stay in the campground or cabins.

I was immediately struck by how odd and impolite the owner was. She also was very abrasive in how she treated her staff. The bunkhouse is dark and dirty. The shower and toilet facilites were filthy. The internet is very inconsistent and slow. The bunks are very old and creak loudly. The place is filled with passive aggressive signs, some of which threaten that if you leave your possessions out, they will be confiscated.

However, the view was AMAZING. The property was incredibly charming and you can walk right down to the beach where there are clams and scallops abound. The camping area looked really amazing, save for the outhouse which had a door that wouldn't close. The pavilion and outdoor kitchen seemed nice.

Room Tip: Avoid the bunkhouse.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Todd W
seasidemossy, Owner at Seaside Farm, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
This particular guest was rude and demanding, and very picky, even though I provided linens and apologized for the fact we were renovating the bunkroom and bathrooms, even gave him a choice to stay in one of the nicer rooms upstairs. The toilets were under construction! So unfortuantely guests temporarily had to use the outhouse,and everyone was very nice and understanding about it. This humble bunk room is for backpacker folks traveing with sleeping bags, and in the lower floor of our farm home, its not a commercial facility. For those who want generic and sterile we recommend a local hotel chain. I am sorry this place is not for everyone, but most folks love it here.
Seattle WA
Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at seaside last week, and it was one of the most memorable experiences I have had throughout my years of traveling. Situated on a lively farm with spectacular views, your spirit will be renewed by this magical place. The young staff was extremely kind, helpful, and knowledgable about farm life. They made me feel right at home with their warm smiles and conversation. Rooms were very clean, well stocked and spacious. I always had what I needed and more. The farm itself is bubbling with fantastic creatures, and gorgeous vegetation is abundant. The view of the Alaskan Range isn't so bad either.

Seaside is an Alaskan treat!

• Stayed June 2013
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

We sayed two nights there in a cabin just above the beach and with excellent glacier view. AWESOME. Cabins are simple but easy to heat up. Although situated out of town you can easily access by car. Staff is very friendly and supportive.

• Stayed June 2013